Play chess online - it's that simple!
Simple, practical and fast, SimpleChess makes playing chess as easy as child's play!
• It's free!
• Compete against opponents from all over the world
• Customize your chessboard, with 20 piece types and 40 chessboard designs
• 10 different themes (5 dark, 5 light)
• Choose your game rating: fast, blitz, bullet, or create the rating of your choice
• Track your progress with your ELO ranking
• Make progress with our tactical training modules
• Challenge other players to a puzzle battle
• Play Chess960, a variant of the chess game
• Earn XP experience points with every game
Become a member and enjoy additional features:
• Analyze your games by computer
• Find your friends easily
• And enjoy full access to our training modules!
Ratings and Reviews
The app works as advertised. It loads and runs very quickly and it is great for a quick game online. The interface is clean and well designed. Response times are excellent. Stability seems very good as well. There seems to be a large number of players online all the time. I never had to wait more than a couple of seconds to find an opponent for a 3 or 5 minute blitz game. The level of the opposition ranges from beginners to strong club players. I did not see any master level or higher players. You can play for free or register ($5/year iPad or iPhone only). So registering is relatively inexpensive and you can have a rating and keep track of your games. Ratings seem oddly inflated. I am a 1700 rated blitz player but here for some reason I rank about 2200! Go figure. Some nice features are clearly missing - maybe they will be added in later versions: there is no chess engine for a quick blunder check or analysis of a previous game. There is no chat feature. And the replay feature, while present, has a very small button for playing through a game. Competing programs, such as Chess.com and Playchess.com seem less attractive to me because the former's interface and offer seem clunkier to me while the latter seems too expensive (and its free trial expires.) The only other nice alternative, in my opinion is CoreChess which works with FICS.
Time stamp is does NOT work! Steals time EVERY GAME! The connect dots tell you how much time server will take from you! If you start a 5 minute game with one dot, you will lose at least three minutes and your opponent will get your stolen time added to there clock! STOP DO NOT SUPPORT THIS APP!!!!! Four star rating is a lie! They delete bad ratings!!! This is from france and they hate Americans, so, if you play from America they will down grade your connection. When I deside to play I will cheat every guest game!
I have been using this app for 5 years and it is the best and easiest way to play chess online.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Promotion des Jeux de l'Esprit
- 94.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2023 I.D.E.A.L.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year extend $5.99
- 1 month extend $0.99
- 3 months extend $1.99
- 6 month extend $3.99
- Essential Pack (Annual Plan) $24.99
- Premium Pack (Monthly plan) $3.99
- Essential Pack (Monthly plan) $2.99
- Premium Pack (Annual Plan) $34.99