Round up the usual suspects—the mean girl, the new kid, the bully, the nerd, maybe even your best friend! As the sixth grade detective, you'll spy on classmates for cash—will you keep their secrets or take the money?
"Sixth Grade Detective" is a 109,000-word interactive young-adult novel by Logan Hughes, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Match wits with the criminal masterminds of middle school! Solve mysterious disappearances and thefts, trace rumors, track down your best friend's stolen bike, and most importantly—get a date to the dance.
Forge friendships, chase down thieves, or stick to your guns against bullies? Unmask them in public, or work behind the scenes to help a new friend? Will you protect the reputation of your clients, destroying evidence, or go so far as to hack your friend's cell phone to uncover his embarrassing secret?
• Investigate six mini-mysteries.
• Search for clues, question suspects, crack codes, dust for fingerprints, interview witnesses, and uncover your classmates' deepest secrets.
• Reveal the truth, or keep silent for the greater good… or greater profit.
• Shine in the classroom or cut school with the rebels.
• Lie to the adults--if you can get away with it
• Build friendships, create enemies, and find a date for the big dance.
• Play as a girl, boy, or neither. Date classmates of any gender, or avoid romance altogether.
• Find out who your secret admirer is
Bug fixes. If you enjoy this game, please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
With most CoG games falling into the adult realm, SGD is a breath of fresh air. There's a lot of whimsy to it, and despite the modern setting, it delivers a feel of nostalgia due to the 'kid detective' premise and the fact that these are all pretty much free-range latchkey kids. I was happy I could play something LGBTQIA-friendly while it remained clean (these are just kids, after all.) My one complaint is that there's a weird writing bug that probably most people who play will encounter when it comes to a certain dance and secret admirer, but I won't spoil it. Definitely worth the money though - check it.
One of the Top COG Games
First, this game is not for everyone. If you are only into the dark, fantasy story, this game is not for you. But if you can ever enjoy a teen book, this is the one you need to have among all COG games.
The main character in this story is a sixth-grade kid. So expect the storytelling to be a little pale but adorable. The story is little lack of detection. But what I like the game most is this is a very complete and fun read book. I don’t think this book will let you down.
This is easily one of the Top 10 COG games.
This game is so good that I think that a sequel should’ve come out long ago…
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Choice of Games LLC
- 20.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015-2016 Logan Hughes
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.