*****Featured as one of the 10 Great Gifts for Travelers by Forbes*****
*****Featured as one of the 10 Best Travel Tips of All Time by Condé Nast Traveler*****
Do you feel discomfort during flight?
Do you just feel bored on board the airplane?
Or, perhaps, you love to fly and just want to learn more about the aviation and understand it better?
SkyGuru provides passengers with detailed explanations of everything happening in flight in real time, and keeps you busy on board.
Imagine sitting next to a pilot who could explain every sound, every turn, every sensation you are feeling, notified you about any upcoming turbulent areas, and just turned your flying experience into a conscious process. SkyGuru – is your personal guide in the world of aviation.
SkyGuru was created by a professional pilot and fear of flying therapist Alex Gervash. The app receives information about your flight from professional aviation sources used by airlines. Next, SkyGuru combines the data from your iPhone sensors and the program algorithms to recognize flight stages and accompanies you the entire journey. It supports, teaches, comments on, and explains everything that’s going on during the flight, all in real time and in a flight mode.
Available for free:
- Aviation weather forecast and its explanations for departure and arrival airports.
- Turbulence forecast for the shortest route between two airports.
Available with flights purchases:
NEW! Interesting facts about the points of interest that you are flying over;
NEW! Offline map, showing an approximate location of your airplane and route. This location is calculated and does not require GPS or internet.
NEW! Video course by Alex Gervash - SkyGuru’ founder, that will decrease any fear of flying (on flights >1,5 hrs).
NEW! GIF images illustrating how airplane mechanisms work in real time.
NEW! Seat recommendations on board according to aircraft’s sunny / shadow side and a possibility to see a beautiful sunset / sunrise.
- Forecasts of most turbulent areas en route, including approximate time of entry into and duration of each.
- Description of weather conditions at the departure and arrival airports and explanations of how they may affect your sensations.
- Calculation of the actual flight time considering current winds already 24 hrs prior to your flight
- Real time explanations of most sounds and “dipping / falling through” sensations which could worry the passengers.
- Warnings about higher probability for going around due to current weather conditions.
- Turbulence graph and current G-force values created by turbulence, as well as their difference from the overloads that the airplane is meant to withstand.
- Flight speed and altitude, given a stable GPS signal (usually, available at a window seat).
- Airplane’s nose positions relative to the horizon and airplane’s maximum bank angles when entering a turn.
- 3D airplane model of its relative position in space considering banks and turbulence.
- Notification about expected manoeuvres soon after take-off and shortly before landing.
- Explanations of cabin procedures that passengers often wonder about, such as: “why does the light blink,” “why do we open window blinds”. All in real time.
- Unique helpful methods and exercises that to assist passengers in overcoming fear and making their flight more comfortable.
1. Speed and altitude are only available with GPS signal.
2. The app is designed to be used ONLY on a REAL flight.
3. If you have any questions, we are always happy to assist 24/7.. Please contact our support BEFORE submitting a review.
4. Continuous use of GPS when running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
An application update can include, but is not limited to:
- Device stability improvements, bug fixes.
- New and enhanced features.
- Further improvements to performance.
To get the best from your device, please keep your phone up to date and regularly check software updates.
Ratings and Reviews
I haven’t used SkyGuru since my flights last December (Hanoi - Singapore), and there have been substantial improvements in the information shared during the flight and the quality of that information.
I need to be able to glance and read what is going in as it is happening. This helps me calm myself much quicker. It’s annoying to keep a phone sideways an entire flight, but I do understand why this is necessary.
As someone who hates to fly, I really appreciate this app as a tool used to help me feel more in control of myself while flying. Made it Hanoi - Taipei - LAX with only minor anxiety issues. Very proud of myself and thankful for this app (and Xanax and wine!)!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review. We're happy that you've found SkyGuru helpful. We're working hard to improve it, so please do not forget to update the app before your next flight.
Amazing App | Life Changing
I’m a frequent flyer but I have a crippling illogical fear of flying. All I can say is wow and thank you so much for this incredible app. It made me understand the procedures and different flight tactics that take place throughout the flight with a very impressive messaging system that updates you live. It felt as if I had the pilots ears and eyes and I knew exactly what was happening when it was happening. All I can say is if you have flight anxiety give this app a chance. It truly changed my life and how I perceive flying on one flight! Thank you so much and please keep up the amazing work at Sky Guru.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback. We're happy to help!
The program is amazing! I have a fear to fly since I’m 15 and now I’m 24! I know about creator and I would like to speak with him about my problems in the future, because he is amazing psychologist and aviator! He did a great job to help people! So if you want to control your flight, go ahead and use this program! You will see and know a lot of stuff about your airplane and your flight! Thank you a lot! 👍🏻
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot, i'll be happy to work with you on your problem.
- SkyGuru Inc.
- 127.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Hebrew, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © SkyGuru Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 flight with SkyGuru $3.99
- 3 flights with SkyGuru $9.99
- 10 flights with SkyGuru $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.