From the makers of the award winning SkyView® app comes a stunning new way to discover over 20,000 satellites day or night.
Satellite spotting is now for everyone. Just point your iPhone at the sky to identify the International Space Station, Hubble, GPS satellites, and thousands more as they soar above your location.
Discover new and interesting satellites in Earth mode. Pan around the Earth, touch satellites over distant countries, zoom-in for a close-up view, and take wonderful photos to share with friends.
• Simple: Point your iPhone at the sky to identify satellites passing overhead at your location.
• Interactive: Pan around Earth to discover new satellites and zoom-in for a beautiful 3D close-up view.
• Customizable: Build a list of your favorite satellites and filter other satellites from your view.
• Sighting reminders: Quickly schedule reminders to notify you when a visible satellite will be in the sky above your location.
• Night friendly: Preserve your night vision with two easy-access night modes (red or green filters).
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Space Junk: Uncover thousands of rocket bodies and other space debris that orbit Earth.
• Mobile: Does not require a data signal or GPS to function, take it anywhere.
• Comprehensive: Includes 20,000 satellites with thousands of facts, descriptions, tidbits, and satellite images.
This update addresses minor bugs present in iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App for Spotting and Learning!
I've been using this for over a year to learn about and spot dozens of satellites when I'm in the Rocky Mountains away from light pollution. Automatic location and augmented reality both work flawlessly. My all-time favorite sighting was the ISS back-lit by a pre-dawn sky. While I have no complaints about design or function of the app as-is, there's always room for improvement. One suggestion would be the ability to save a log of particular sightings with notes, rather than having to switch apps. It would also be nice to have a more inclusive category (everything) so I could use AR to identify satellites that I find, but that aren't listed in Upcoming Sightings. On moonless nights at 9500ft, I can sometimes spot twelve satellites in an hour when the upcoming and brightest categories only list a couple of significant satellite sightings. If I could, I'd rate it five stars for design and function. Four stars are given because there are some obvious enhancements that I'd like to see.
Perfect for sky watchers
I was with my Dad watching the meteor shower last August and we saw a couple satellites go by. I downloaded this app right then and LOVED the quick access to information.
The only way to improve this app is why it is a star short of all 5. The reason is this: you can only view one category of star at a time. For example, you. Can view communications satellites but not military and weather. This, to me, is an unnecessary distinction. Rather, let me see it ALL at once and simple learn about each one as they flow over me and I search for them. Let these categories become FILTERS as opposed to mutually exclusive choices.
This is about the coolest app I've seen so far. I never knew you could see a satellites or space junk fly overhead with just your naked eye. I've made this somewhat of a hobby, on clear nights to go outside and see just how many satellites or space junk I can find. I think the neighbors think I'm whacked at this point be I sit in the yard looking up at the night sky with smartphone in hand. I've always been interested in science so this is just one more way of expanding that interest. To see a piece of space junk fly overhead moving at 2000 mph and 350 miles up just trips me out. The app gives you so much detail and information on what you're viewing and a detail cartoon picture of the object, makes it well worth the $5 spent.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Terminal Eleven LLC
- 84.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Terminal Eleven LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.