Sling: Employee Scheduling Made Easy
With powerful scheduling and workforce management tools, Sling is the easiest way to manage employee work schedules, track time, optimize labor costs, and streamline team communication. For free!
Sling works for a variety of industries and organizations of every size, shape, and kind have already made Sling the place where their work happens.
Streamline Your Business
• Schedule faster and smarter: Build accurate schedules in minutes and avoid overlapping shifts and double-bookings.
• Control labor costs: Stay under budget while controlling overtime and absenteeism.
• Communicate efficiently from a single platform: Send messages in group or private conversations, keep everyone informed, and build a stronger company culture.
• Simplify time tracking: Allow employees to clock in and out right from their phones.
• Make payroll processing easier: Export timesheets for seamless payroll processing.
• Drive operational compliance: Ensure standards are being met to keep your business compliant.
• Enhance employee engagement: Engage employees in achieving business objectives in an easy-to-digest way while making work effortless and expected outcomes clear.
Benefits For Managers
- Schedule with ease: Build your employees' schedules in minutes and manage time off, availability and shift trade requests.
- Eliminate scheduling conflicts: See up-to-date employee availability, time-off requests, and avoid overlapping shifts and double-bookings.
- Democratize scheduling: Let employees sign up for shifts on a first-come, first-served basis, or approve the requests and finalize the schedule.
- Reduce employee absences and late arrivals: Use shift alarms to remind employees of their upcoming shifts and send them notifications when they forget to clock in.
- Optimize labor spending as you schedule: Set wages per employee or position and see how much each shift will cost. Forecast and optimize expenses while scheduling to ensure you stay on budget.
- Manage multiple work locations with ease: Schedule employees across multiple locations on one account and view all schedules in one place.
- Set specific clock-in locations: Use GPS or IP settings to designate where you want employees to clock in.
- Integrate Sling with platforms you already use: Save time and money by integrating your scheduling with your existing platforms.
Benefits For Employees
- Access the schedule anywhere, anytime: Employees can access their schedules when they aren't at work and get real-time updates on one centralized platform.
- Turn any device into a mobile time clock: With Sling, any device — laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone — becomes a time tracking terminal.
- Chat with coworkers in real time: Sling’s powerful communication features help employees to stay informed wherever they are and never skip a beat.
- Set shift reminders: With Sling, employees can set shift alarms to remind them when they need to work, which helps them be on time.
- Find replacements faster: Sling’s shift exchange feature allows employees to find their own replacements when they can’t work.
- Manage work-life balance better: Employees can set unavailability or request off to make time for other things they love to do.
- Prevent forgotten clock-outs: Sling will automatically clock out employees if they forget to do it themselves.
- Because Sling automates repetitive processes, simplifies complex and time-consuming tasks, and coordinates convoluted workplace communication, it helps any organization run smoother.
Try the Sling app for free and experience the future of workforce management.
Thanks for using Sling! This update includes minor improvements and bug fixes.
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Sling for the job
It’s set up like Facebook, but only all the people you work with have access. It’s got the “news feed” where everyone can post whatever they want to tell the group and everyone can see and like or comment on their posts…. Or you can send a DM private message to someone. You also can click a tab and see your entire schedule and who is else works with you that day…. You can even click days you need off work and press the button that sends the admin (your boss or manager) a request for that day to be unavailable to schedule you for. You can make a little profile with your photo. Yeah, it’s a brilliant idea and simple way to do things for jobs… esp those with several workers like myself in a busy restaurant/bar with kitchen staff, bartenders, and waitresses and waiters, managers and the boss and his wife. It’s our own little facebook. Sling is smart.
Aesthetically pleasing, functionally flawed
The app is simple to use and the design is aesthetically pleasing, making it easy to see your shifts. However, there are a couple things that need fixed. Most notably broken is the widget; it simply displays, “We couldn’t find your shifts. Are you logged in the Sling app?”. This function worked previously on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.3, but has never worked on my iPhone XS running iOS 12.0.1. This was the main way I checked my shifts, and it made it so much easier. I don’t know if the app version was different, or if there is just an unknown compatibility issue where the widget feature only works on some versions of iOS. Lastly, as mentioned by another reviewer, the notifications are inconsistent at best, and completely missing or useless at worst. Most of the time I forget I have it set to remind me of my upcoming shift, because it either doesn’t push a notification, or it notifies me when my shift is starting in under 5 minutes. While this has never caused me to be late to work (as it isn’t my primary method of time management and ultimately one should be responsible for themself in regards to getting to work), it would be nice to have peace of mind knowing you have a reliable backup alert. Overall, I enjoy using the Sling app to view and manage my shifts, and I hope to see improvements soon.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback!
We are aware of the issue with the widget and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will also check what's going on with shifts alarms 👍
Business made easy!
I’ve only had this app for a few days and still learning more about it. So far, I am happy with the set up. Staffing for 100 employees can be a difficult task when you doing it by pen and paper. Looking forward in using this program and simplifying life itself! I have not tried this program in a desktop, if there is an answer out please let it be known. Is there a way to repeat employees to a shift, instead of adding them every week? Is there a way to restrict employees from making a shift available within so much time? Is there a way an employee can be reminded no one accepted his shift when it’s made available within so much time before his shift starts? This would be great options that would make the program better and empower the program administrator.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sling Incorporated
- 55 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 - present Gangverk ehf