Turn your phone into a full featured car video recorder at a fraction of the cost of the standalone device. Smart Dash Cam app automatically captures every driving moment using the auto-loop technology and collision detection. You can feel at ease having a dependable "silent witness" by your side. You can feel at ease having a dependable “silent witness” by your side.
- Built-in manual and auto recording mode
- Record video with low/medium/high/480/720 resolutions
- Record with or without audio
- Custom frame rate
- Display time/speed (metric and English units)/Map on video
- Turn off monitor while driving
- Auto record/Lock video when detecting an impact
- Allow music play while recording
- Continues loop recording. Older videos are overridden by newer ones to preserve space on the device.
- Allow to delete one/multiple or all files at once.
- Set time range for loop recording (up to 60 minutes)
- 2 options for how much storage space you want to store your videos: set Max capacity or allow use all of available space of your device.
- Store recorded videos within the app or upload to the clouds (Google Drive/Drop Box/Box Drive)
- Share video via email
- Upload video on Youtube
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Fix some bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app does exactly what it claims. Video quality is good. Has some shake but otherwise clear. The only problem I have is that on my iPhone 8’s, after about 20 minutes, the phone is so hot the phone shuts down. That is in an air conditioned pick-up truck. It could not be used continuously even on short trips.
Update: I installed this on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and used it all day with no problems. I was driving a total of probably 2 hours off and on and the Galaxy never even felt warm. I was in the same truck using the same mount as with the iPhone mentioned above and the outside temps were about the same. So, obviously there is an issue with the program on the iPhone not necessarily with the program itself. I really like the program on the Galaxy. Oh, and by the way, there is no shake with the Galaxy because the camera has image stabilization. You can see the dash shake but the image is rock solid.
Bring back recording in GPS background
This dash cam app works very well. I love all the updates but there is one feature that has been removed. Before an update, the dash app used to record in the background while using a GPS app. After an update, it no longer does this. It stops recording when I switch over to the GPS app. Sometimes I need to have the GPS on-screen but still want the dash app recording in the background. Now it just stops recording when I have the GPS on-screen. Having this feature back would be great and would rate 5 stars if it did.
Terrible waste of time! Poor quality recording
See for yourself. I have a new iPhone 11 with the latest iOS update. The footage is comparable to 360p at best! I never even tried it in my car, just holding the phone in hand and trying to read a license plate from 15+ feet is impossible! This was simply useless. Also, my phone has full AT&T LTE service so there should be no issues. Tried on my wife’s phone and everything was the exact same...I’d love to hear from the developer about this. Of course I made sure the camera lens is free of smudges/fingerprints. It’s also not a focus issue, as you can see the auto focus going through different focal points, all of which are blurry to REALLY BLURRY. It’s very evident this app is optimized for 360p recording or equivalent. Gave 2 stars instead of 1 because technically you can still use it as a dashcam, even though you won’t be able to see any details at all past 10 feet.
- JASON NGUYEN
- 49.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © IPCamSoft.com
- In-App Purchases
- full version of Smart Dash Cam $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.