IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
I kindly beg you to ASK FOR HELP in case of any trouble, you can always write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, PLEASE help to make Smart Tunes a better product with your valuable feedback!
I will do my best to answer within a day!
Smart Tunes is a small tool to monitor, manage, save and restore state of iTunes application from macOS status menu as iTunes currently lacks these basic features.
Currently available features
• Automatic starting and stopping of iTunes at Smart Tunes startup and exit
• Monitoring, saving and restoring iTunes last played track and playing/paused state on
⁃ Computer waking up
⁃ Computer lock/unlock
⁃ User session activation
• Customizable displaying iTunes and currently played track status in the macOS status menu
• Controlling iTunes via a nice mini app embedded in the macOS status menu
• Searching iTunes tracks from the macOS status menu using customizable hot-key
• Having dedicated lyrics editor/viewer window with always on top option, customizable look and hot-key
• Searching the web for lyrics of the currently played track using customizable hot-key
• Quick update the lyrics of the currently played tracks using macOS copy clipboard and copy selection services
• Searching the web for album cover artwork of the currently played tracks using customizable hot-key
• Quick update the album cover artwork of the currently played track or its entire album using copy/paste and drag&drop support on mini player artwork image and application status menu item, also via macOS copy clipboard and copy selection services
• Support of restoring legacy behavior of media key handling as in macOS 10.13 High Sierra the OS started to direct media key events to the active application without user consent instead of letting it be handled by iTunes (or at least giving a choice to the users to select the default behavior)
• Quick activation/deactivation of AirPlay output devices
• Detachable status menu popup window as a dedicated mini player panel with several customizable behavior and hot-key
Any feature requests, bug reports are highly welcome!
- Added option to display the Artwork image of the current track in the status menu item
• Bug Fixes
- Fixed media keys handling as it did not play nicely together with iTunes scripting bridge interface, sometimes a few mouse click events was lost
- Fixed macOS Catalina Music app artwork image handling
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.