Formerly known as SmartLink™, this updated, intelligent app provides motivating workouts customized to your goals to help you achieve results. The app wirelessly connects to the Octane machine from your iOS device.
Start by identifying your workout goal, such as Lose Weight, Feel Better, Get Stronger, Athletic Performance or Active Recovery. The app gets you on track with multiple workouts designed specifically for your goal so you exercise smarter. No more guesswork, planning or unproductive routines.
Take on HIIT with Octane’s challenging MMA and 30:30 Interval regimens, or combine cardio, strength and flexibility with an ultra-productive CROSS CiRCUIT® session (not available on xRide® recumbent elliptical). Instructional videos show proper form for more than 35 pre-programmed routines and 225 strength exercises.
On the Zero Runner, take advantage of stride tracing technology to ensure a consistent gait and cadence.
And watch your progress over time, as the app automatically stores all workout history and links with Apple® Health. Fuel your workouts with the Octane Fitness app!
1. Goal-based routines – Lose weight, feel better, improve endurance, increase strength, athletic performance or active recovery
2. Custom feedback – Motivational screens include a tachometer, track, heart rate, video-based coaching and more
3. All-inclusive workouts – CROSS CiRCUIT® combines intervals of cardio, strength and flexibility exercises into one workout
4. HIIT – MMA and 30:30 challenge exercisers, and Workout Boosters add intense intervals in any routine
5. Individual tracking – The app tracks and saves all workout history, and connects to Apple® Health
6. Accommodating – For beginners to advanced levels – with multiple regimens and intensity levels
This app requires Octane Fitness elliptical models Q47xi, Q37xi or xR6xi, or the Zero Runner.
• iOS 11.0 or later
• One of the following: iPad 4th generation, 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, (or a later iPad model), iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, (or a later iPhone model), iPod touch (6th generation), (or a later iPod touch model)
• Internet connectivity; certain videos require internet connectivity either through WiFi or a mobile network (GSM/3G/4G/LTE)
Added support for HR Fat Burn and Cardio programs
Added support for Interval and HR Interval programs
Fixes issues with layouts on several programs
Fixes issues dealing with user input during program setup
Fixes issue where users would not see proper displays on graphs
Fixes some issues with CROSS CiRCUIT workouts
Adds support for 30:30, Interval, and HR interval programs to more machines
Syncs user preferences with machine before programs start
Allows users to skip warmup for most programs
Requires a user to be logged in before a program can be started
Many issues fixed and new international translations
Updates minimum operating system to iOS 11.0
Ratings and Reviews
Won’t connect anymore
I installed this version. Connected to my Q37xi updated the head unit. Did a workout a couple times. Now yesterday it refuses to connect anymore. When I tap connect the app spins maybe 5 seconds then times out and provides very unhelpful “help”. Cmon people let’s get this app fixed.
I love my octane elliptical but this app is a big let down. Looking at the frequency of app updates Octane must have outsourced the app and probably has to pay a third party for every fix and update. I have to think if this app was actually done in house we would see much more frequent bug fix updates.
OCTANE, buck up, buy the source back, and hire some people to do this in house full time! Are you listening to these reviews!?
I’ve had my Q47xi for a month. No problems using the app. It syncs right away for me, at least so far. However, I’m finding the app lacks utility. I feel users should be able to create custom workouts and edit workouts as well. Just today the app recorded the same workout twice. Whatever the reason, it should at last be possible to delete something like that. Also, the app works with Apple Health, but only when using the app on iPhone, not iPad. Workout history will sync, after the fact, but for some reason this doesn’t sync to health. And why there’s no ability to connect Apple Watch is baffling. The app is free, but it’s 500 dollars to upgrade to the xi console, so there’s no excuse for this app not to be better.
Update is a downgrade
I was looking forward to this update. I liked version 2 but the graphics were kinda clunky and connection to the machine not always reliable. Well, they’ve fixed that. Graphics are improved and connection works well for me.
But they also took away a ton of functionality that I liked. The ability to have the app set a 30, 60, or 90 workout program was something I used a lot. Gone. The ability to manually change resistance level mid workout. Gone. Even something as simple as what’s coming in the random workout - basically, to know you’re coming up on a hill before you get there - gone.
I have no idea what they were thinking when they made these decisions. Given the opportunity I’d rather revert to version 2. And of course support for this app is nonexistent. No detailed users manual anywhere, no ‘help’ functionality, just a two minute intro video that covers the very obvious basics.
In sum, this app is an amateurish hack job unbefitting a $4000 piece of workout equipment.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- OF Holdings, Inc.
- 358.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Octane Fitness LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.