SMRTConnect is a mobile application designed to offer transport related information on SMRT’s trains and buses as well as travel suggestions for other public modes of transport in Singapore.
With SMRTConnect, you can access real-time information on SMRT train and bus arrivals or connect to taxi booking options.
- Multi-modal journey planning with estimated total travel time and detailed route directions
- Save your favourite places and routes for easy planning
- Real-time arrival timings for SMRT trains and all bus operators
- Train frequency indicator for North-South, East-West Lines and Circle Line MRT stations for better travel planning
- Detailed SMRT station information, including panoramic views of MRT station exits for better way finding
- Links to taxi booking services and online retail offers
- Detailed tutorial on how to use the app
- Feedback feature on SMRTConnect mobile app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
After taking a chill pill, here's my 2 cents.
What's the purpose of this App? Finding MRT or bus stop around u? There's already map app. If you don't know where the mrt station is located, u don't need the take a train.
The scheduled arrival of train is a joke. Right now, service between Caldecott hill and holland V is down but the train still show arrival in 3 mins. Is this a close loop communication of train arrival or just a dummy auto message that run based on the time if the day? If it is the later, forget it it. I take the train everyday, I don't need this useless info.
If this app is to be any useful, it should push notification realtime to let us know when there is a service disruption.
It's really a bloody waste of time to spend so much time writing this review but unfortunately it's likely written for smrt management feel good that they have an app on iTunes! How savvy! Now whoever wrote this app, please take the mrt and use this app to see if the info on train arrival is correct. Especially during peak or service disruption.
Smrt management stop patting your own back and think you had done a good job. Stop blaming your predecessor for any failures. You own it now and it's your responsibility
Ok , can be improved
Here are the issue I have with version:
1. There is no Jouney Planner. You cannot use it to determine how you can go from point A to B.
2. Unless you are at the bustop - read the bustop number or use the map function, or use another app to find the bus top number, you cannot find out what busese are at the location.
3. There is no bus guide and the route of the bus. Without a guide, you cannot get the bust top number, or dertmine where to stop.
4 To add a bustop to favourite you have to remember the number, then add it in the first screen. Plesse let us fo it after selecting the bustop.
5. let us set the distance you seek out MRT station. 600m is to short a distance, and GPS may not be accurate. I am at Chinatown point offuce block and it cannit find an MRT station. May be it is because it is not on SMRT map ;-)
6. becuae you only include SMRT info, chances of me using this is less, especually if others include both your and SBS Transit info.
Correct the above it would be. 5 star app.
I should also point out that others apps of similar nature are not perfect. It all depend on where I am and where I am going to to decide what app I would use.
In general if I have to plan my route, I use Google map.
If I am taking SBS bus, then I would use IRIS otherwise SG Buses. (I bough BUS@SG, but there seemed to no update)
SG Buses is useful for route checking and bustop number ..
Very useless App
If there were no stars as a minimum rating I would have rated that instead. This app is poor and does not even list most of the bus services especially the new bus services. The bus service running in my neighbourhood has been in service since 3 years ago. When I launch the app to select the bus stop, it does not list that bus number. Searching for the specific bus number also proves futile. You're better off accessing those information from its web site instead.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.