We all listen to music, we all love music, but no one really knows how much we listen to music. snd.wave is here to fix that.
snd.wave analyzes your music library and presents you with stats about how you listen to music.
•Stats about EVERYTHING. Seriously. Any song, album, genre, or artist in your library can be searched and viewed.
•Top lists: see you favorite artists, songs, albums and genres.
•Monthly and yearly stats. (Stat recording begins when you install snd.wave)
•Leaderboards: see how your music stats stack up against your friends and the world.
•Sharing! What good is cool info without the ability to post about it? snd.wave can export data from anywhere in the app to social media or your photos.
•Cleaner. Sometimes you download a song or two that are just terrible. snd.wave can help! Let snd.wave find those songs so you can delete them!
•"Eureka!" With all of your music, chances are you might not know what to look for. "Eureka!" suggests cool facts about your library for you.
•Force Touch, peek and pop your way throughout snd.wave.
•Charts and graphs of your music.
•Stat Player: a music player that also displays stats for the now playing song.
•Swipe to play. Swipe any song to start playback.
•Library view: see your entire library as a list.
•Discover: see recently added, recently played and more in snd.wave.
•Dark Mode for easy viewing at night!
•iCloud Support: Back up your data and send it to your other devices.
•Your Music Quick View: A lock screen widget that displays stats about currently playing music.
Still reading? Stop! Download snd.wave and check it out!
Note: snd.wave is only compatible with the standard music app or Apple Music at this time. snd.wave is not affiliated with Apple.
Update 2.5, the biggest one yet! Here is what is included:
- Leaderboards and Friends: See you your stats stack up against your friends and the world. (This is a free optional opt-in service)
- Library Stats. At the bottom of the My Music page there is a section giving new stats about your library. This is free for everyone.
- A new song page! The Song page now displays even more stats and is completely redesigned.
- Discover recently added is now grouped by album
- Discover has moved to the bottom of the My Music Page and got a bit of a face lift.
- Discover now has a play all option so you can listen to your old favorites, recently added, or recently played as a playlist.
- A new genre page! The genre page has been completely rebuilt now featuring up to 30 (10 for non pro) top songs, 30 (10 for non pro) tops artists and 30 (10 for non pro) top albums. The page also displays more stats and has another chart added for pro users.
- Queues: when playing a song from snd.wave, the app will automatically fill the queue with the songs around the selected one.
- Quick launch will now enable the app to launch nearly instantly more often.
- Pull to refresh. The My Music page now has pull to refresh, simply pull down at the top to reload your latest stats.
- Better charts (pro), charts in snd.wave now load faster and are easier to read.
- Performance improvements, everything should feel snappier and more crisp after a round of tune ups.
Ratings and Reviews
Really cool app to look at how you listen to music, don’t really have any complaints but it would be pretty cool if it could give minutes too instead of just hours. Also there are three tabs on the main screen that say “All Time”, “This Year” and “This Month”, however it only allows you to look at your all time stats. I think the creator was on to something cool that was just never fully developed, but I know I would personally like to see how my music listening habits change from month to month!! Overall great app thank you!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you! I am limited in the data I have access to. The tabs do work but you have to come back to the app every month to find out! By the time you finish reading this you should be able to go back into the app, and see your stats for the month. Enjoy!
Great concept but not accurate yet
I'm an avid music listener to is constantly listening to music. I can tell you off the top of my head who my top most listened to artists are and what my top most listened to albums are because I listen to them so much lol. Being that I have over 22,000 songs however, I think that is what is throwing off the app because nearly all my rankings are very inaccurate. It showed my number 7 album of all time to be an album I know for a fact I only listened to once because I didn't like it when I heard it lol. I know I didn't listen to that album for 46 hours like it says lol. And then my two favorite albums of this year that I listened to repeatedly don't even show up in my top 20, and one album I was just listening to on repeat yesterday shows up as 0 hours listened.
Also in my Top Songs it has things from artists that don't show up in my top 20 artists. That doesn't make sense for an artist who made my supposed most listened to song or album to not show up higher in the list. It's things like this.
I love the concept dude, but it's not accurate for me at all.
A Good Start
Overall, I see a lot of potential in this app (which is why I’m happy to donate towards future development), but there are some kinks that need working out. Many albums show as having zero songs, even though they show many plays and hundreds of minutes of play time. I’d also like more options for showing the data the app has access to and the ability to generate charts for most played songs, specific periods of time, etc.
- Lucas Klein
- 24.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Lucas Klein
- In-App Purchases
- snd.wave Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.