SnipNotes is your always accessible notebook for iOS, macOS and Apple Watch. Capture new ideas with Siri and quickly access your notes anytime with the versatile today widget. Turn your notes into action: Call phone numbers, create calendar events or navigate to an address. Stay organized with categories, filters and search functionality. Your notes are also available offline.
• Add your own text and image notes
• Dictate text notes in the app, with Siri and on Apple Watch
• Save text and images from websites or other apps with the share extension
• Create new notes with Siri or append text to existing notes
• Capture the contents of your clipboard
• Add text and images from other apps with Drag & Drop on iPad
• Save your current location in the app, on Apple Watch or with Siri
• Use your notes for quick actions: Call phone numbers, open websites, create calendar events and much more (with integration for many third-party apps)
• Access your notes from any app with the today widget: Copy notes into the clipboard, create new notes from your clipboard and use actions
• Siri can open notes, read text notes and show images to you
• Search and open notes directly from your home screen
• Format your notes with lists, colors, headlines and more. SnipNotes also supports markdown (input, import and export)
• Select custom icons for your categories
• Choose between a variety of color schemes
• Turn the lights off with a dark mode (including pure black for OLED screens)
• Adapt SnipNotes to your needs with a variety of configuration options
• Stay on top of your notes with custom categories, filters, sorting options and search functionality
• Pin notes to the top of your list
• Protect your notes with a passcode and Touch ID / Face ID
• Select multiple notes and move them into other categories, merge, export or delete them in one go
• Recover deleted notes from the built-in trash
• Synchronize your notes between iOS, macOS and Apple Watch
• Quickly open notes on another device with Handoff
• Access your notes offline, including on Apple Watch
SnipNotes is a note-taking app without subscriptions nor ads. You can try the app free of charge for 7 days. Synchronization of your notes takes place through your private iCloud account.
Notes can currently only contain text or one image as well as a title. Mixed text and image notes are scheduled for an upcoming update.
You can find more information about the app on www.snipnotes.de. If you have any questions or issues, I would be happy to help you via email (email@example.com) or on Twitter (@SnipNotesApp).
This update improves performance, especially when SnipNotes stores a lot of notes. In addition, the following issues have been resolved:
• The app could slow down or freeze when notes are sorted alphabetically
• Resetting all settings did not always work as expected
• The lock screen did not automatically adapt to theme color changes
• Wide note icons were truncated in the widget
Thank you for using SnipNotes! If you like the app, please help support future updates with a rating on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Glad I found it
I stumbled across SnipNotes in the App Store and am glad I took a chance on it. The app has worked smoothly with no crashes or bugs. My (very minor) issues with it are more because of how I would like it to work for me personally. It is fast and has not crashed on me once.
There are plenty of things to like. The cross-device syncing works flawlessly - between iOS devices, I have not tried the Mac app. There are URL scheme options available. You can change the appearance via the option to change the app’s color theme.
One of the main attractions is the feature to customize actions for each type of content that can be saved to SnipNotes. Which is almost anything.
A couple things have bugged me. Sometimes the app will incorrectly identify what type of note you have created. Just because a date is in the text doesn’t mean the note should be categorized as an appointment. Although you can manually change the note type to plain text. Also, I wish exporting notes was a little more consistent. For example, if I export a note to Evernote please match the title and body from SnipNotes to the new Evernote item. SnipNotes ignores the title and only sends the body of the text.
EDIT: Thanks for the update. I had no idea that the two Evernote actions would behave differently.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review! The export functionality will be improved in the next update so that it prepends the note's body text with its title. Evernote automatically sets the first line of an imported note as the title. You can also enable and use the "Send to Evernote" action (Settings => Configure Actions), which already sets the title field correctly.
One of my all-time favorite apps
I love SnipNotes and use it on all my devices: iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple watch. Anything I need to capture (thoughts, web page URLs, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) goes into the SnipNotes inbox until I have time to act on it -- the badged icon is a great reminder -- and it’s immediately available everywhere. Notes with an address automatically get an embedded map and any note can be sent as a text message or an email with one click. Excellent Siri integration and the Apple Watch app is one of the best out there: You can quickly create and search for notes with dictation or save your current location. The developer is constantly making enhancements and provides great support.
Slow To Sync
I like the app, however, it has always been slow to sync with my watch. For instance, I created a grocery list last night on jy phone. I go to the grocery store expecting to use my watch and not have to walk around looking at my phone and jeopardize dropping such an expensive phone. Well, just like many times before, the grocery list was still the last list I had created and had not yet updated.
So, I finish my shopping using my phone and headed home. Once I got home, I opened the app on my my and to my surprise it had updated. A lot of good it did.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good app. I just wish it would sync much faster. Other apps like calendar, contacts, financial, and etc. have no problems syncing almost instantaneously. If only Snip Notes would.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. If the synchronization with Apple Watch gets stuck, a reset often helps. Open the settings menu on your iPhone, select "Troubleshooting" and tap on the "Reset" button in the Apple Watch section.
I also plan to improve the Apple Watch synchronization in an upcoming update. For example, the watch app will then be able to synchronize with iCloud directly instead of relying solely on the Bluetooth connection with your phone.
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Felix Lisczyk
- 70 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2019 Felix Lisczyk
- In-App Purchases
- 7-day Trial Free
- Unlock Full Version $3.99
- Large Tip $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.