• Mac App Store “Best of 2015”
• Featured in App Store editorial “All Your Code, Brilliantly Organized”, “Keep Your Code at Your Fingertips” and “Welcome to the Mac App Store!”
• Featured app in “Apps for Developers”, “Essential Coding Apps”, “Essential Apps for Developers”, and “Wrangle Your Code”
Stop wrestling with scattered code snippets and disorganized notes. Elevate your workflow and supercharge your productivity with SnippetsLab.
Organize like a pro
• Build your personal coding library with multi-level folders, as well as tags, smart groups, and shortcuts.
• Add snippet notes, and attach any files or images for additional context.
• Integrate multiple code fragments within a single snippet for an additional layer of organization.
• Lock snippets to prevent accidental changes.
Tailor your experience
• Choose from 14 beautifully crafted themes, or customize and create your own.
• Customize folder icons and tag colors for extra visual clarity.
• Tweak the UI layout and many available settings to match your preference and workflow.
Made for developers
• Syntax highlighting for over 570 languages and text formats.
• ML-powered automatic language detection for 50 most popular languages.
• Code formatting with a growing number of supported languages.
• Customizable editor behavior such as indentation, overscroll, completion, line-wrapping, and much more.
• Find anything instantly with full-text fuzzy search, search filters, and intelligent ranking.
• Leverage the available Alfred Workflow for anytime access.
• Create deep links that open a snippet from anywhere in the system.
• Choose full or side-by-side preview modes with accurate scroll sync.
• Insert Mermaid diagrams, MathJax formulas, interactive table of content, and code blocks with full syntax highlighting support.
• Personalize everything with your own CSS stylesheet.
• Companion that lives in your menubar and always a click away.
• Create, browse, preview, copy, and insert snippets without having to open the main app window.
• Extensive keyboard shortcuts to keep you in the flow.
• Sync your library across all your Macs with built-in iCloud sync.
• Import from GitHub Gist, Quiver, CodeBox, plain text files, or any conforming JSON file.
• Export as JSON, XML or plain text files.
• Publish to GitHub Gist directly.
• Create snippets from anywhere with macOS Services.
SnippetsLab is more than just a code manager - it helps you build your personal coding knowledge-base and write code faster and smarter.
User manual: https://go.renfei.org/usermanual
Supported languages: https://go.renfei.org/languages
- Added autocompletions for Markdown lists and code blocks.
- When searching, snippets list now displays contents matching the search keyword. Opening a search result automatically selects and highlights the matching area as well.
- Added an option to toggle line numbers.
- The "Add Link" dialog is now pre-populated with selected text or link.
- Improved editor autocompletion behaviors.
- In macOS 14, the insertion point color now matches the theme accent color. It can also be customized in advanced theme settings.
- Added a new selectable toolbar button to toggle invisible characters.
- Added support for filtering locked snippets in smart groups.
- Various performance improvements.
- Fixed a possible crash when saving the library or creating backups.
- Fixed a possible crash when editing tags.
- Fixed an issue where undoing edits could result in incorrect text selection.
- Fixed an issue where the tab width may be inaccurate when typing.
Ratings and Reviews
Thanks for the update!
This app was exactly what I needed, but I noticed that it was a while since the last update. Then when I started using it, I ran into the gross fragmets bug. So I uninstalled the app. If it isn’t being updated and there’s deal breaker bugs, I’m not going to waste my time. That was a month ago. Lo and behold, I find myself on the App Store page by accident and notice it’s been updated. So glad! Thank you!
Almost great, if not for TWO Achilles tendons
I bought this several years ago, and tried importing my CodeBox snippets—since that app was abandoned years ago and this one is generally superior. The problem is that SnippetsLab has a lousy importer which fails to import the smart groups. I figured they would fix this, and decided to stick with CodeBox for a while. Fast-forward a few years and I got so sick of CodeBox I just couldn't put up with it any more. I've PAID for Snippets Lap after all, I should use it. And guess what, the importer is still terrible. 😱
Another even bigger problem: instead of a separate menubar app and full app, the single app can show up in your menubar and either hide the menu and dock icon and command-tab icon, OR show all of those. This means if you want to have access to an item in the menubar, you need to either ALWAYS have the app open (very annoying!) or NEVER have access to the app's menu and NEVER be able to switch to the open app through the Dock or through command-tab. This is a really incredibly bad design, the very same one that makes Fantistical go from a gorgeous calendar to a useless calendar.
Another version that crashes on iCloud Sync - no fix in sight
Nice idea and all, but unfortunately there is no effective way to synchronize snippets between machines. Just touching the iCloud tabs in Preferences will send the app into an infinite spin as has been the case over several versions now. So unless you want to start to manually create a document with another app where you keep all your snippets and then manually transfer those back into this app on each machine, you're fresh out of options. And that of course completely defeats the purpose of this app. If you only run one computer though this may not be of concern.
Otherwise best look elsewhere.
BTW: Can't verify the author's claim of "Mac App Store BEST". Seems he only added that headline as a shameless marketing gimmick. Well - I fell for it, so at least someone is making money.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Renfei Song
- 69.1 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2024 Renfei Song
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.