TOP RATED BY HEALTHLINE.COM. & CHOOSING THERAPY.COM. COUNTS CLEAN AND SOBER TIME/MONEY SAVED! GREAT REWARDS! HELPFUL MESSAGES! COMMUNITY FORUM, RELAPSE PREVENTION TOOL!
TOP RATED BY HEALTHLINE.COM. AND CHOOSING THERAPY.COM. COUNTS CLEAN AND SOBER TIME AND MONEY SAVED! GREAT REWARDS! HELPFUL MESSAGES! COMMUNITY FORUM! RELAPSE PREVENTION TOOL! TEACHES YOU HOW TO THINK AND ACT LIKE A SOBER PERSON. YOU ARE NEVER ALONE WHEN YOU NEED HELP BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT IN YOUR POCKET! WORKS WITH ANY ADDICTION OR BAD HABIT!
This Upgrade gives you:
* Top rated SOBRIETY COUNTER that not only calculates days clean and sober, but also MONEY you have saved!
* REWARDS for the time you have stayed clean and sober!
* Quick daily motivational MESSAGES and NOTIFICATIONS to remind you to read them.
* A great SEARCH ENGINE. Just type in one word to describe how you currently feel and it will lead you to answers to deal with those feelings so that you feel better and don't relapse!
* A PROCESS TO AVOID RELAPSING if you have a craving. Just answer its simple questions and it will lead you to an answer to an issue that is RELEVANT TO WHAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING. It helps change relapse thinking to recovery thinking. No other recovery book or app is designed to do this. All you have to do is follow its simple prompts to get a reading relevant to where you are right now!
* A CHAT FORUM where you can anonymously share your personal messages, comments and get support from others.
* A PROCESS to improve the quality of your sobriety if you are new or have been clean and sober for a long time.
Developed by a Harvard educated Licensed Chemical Dependency and Certified Alcoholism Counselor with over 32 years clean and sober and a team from The Ohio State University, this app is based on proven techniques to help you stay clean and sober. It doesn't matter whether it's alcohol, food, sex, cocaine, marijuana, gambling, spending, heroin, the internet, or anything else, SoberTool gives you free, immediate help. It actually trains coping skills.
THIS APP IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
- are new to sobriety and need an easy tool to beat cravings and triggering thoughts related to alcoholism and addiction.
- have been clean and sober for awhile but still feel stress.
- just completed alcoholism and addiction inpatient or outpatient treatment and want a tool to help you with continuing care.
- want to stay sober for your family, friends or YOURSELF.
- have struggled staying clean and sober before.
- want a tool to help you when you can't reach a Sponsor, support person, therapist, or get to a 12 Step meeting.
- have had legal or any kind of trouble as a result of alcohol, drugs, or addictive behaviors.
- must stay sober per an Employee Assistance Program, court, professional assistance program, employer, school, licensing bureau, etc.
-feel stuck in your recovery and want to have fun while staying sober.
- need help making wise decisions that won't jeopardize your sobriety.
This App has also been useful for treatment centers, alcoholism and addiction counselors, psychiatrists, and 12 Step Sponsors for the alcoholic or addict who need a resource for finding answers to common issues experienced by the alcoholic and addict.
Some of the materials contain theories related to cognitive behavioral therapy and 12 Step practice. It also contains slogans commonly heard at 12 Step meetings. Please note this App is not a substitute for alcoholism and addiction treatment and 12 Step meetings!
RECOVERING ALCOHOLICS AND ADDICTS: Please try this app and get fast, relevant help when you need it most!
This app respects your privacy, does not require you to give any personal information, and has minimal app permissions! It will not invade your contact list.
DISCLAIMER: None of the information in this App creates a counselor patient relationship or should substitute for any other forms of therapy. The User waives the right to make any claims against Author for any misinterpretations or any harm claimed from the use of this App. This App is not therapy or treatment.
• Enhanced sobriety counter, better community Forum, more and better Rewards, improved relapse prevention system.
• Reduced advertising! Only 1 small ad at page bottom that does not interfere with user experience.
• Notification enhancements including the option to choose the time you receive notifications.
• New app sharing and message sharing system.
• Updated for iOS 13 and various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! Help when you need it.
I highly recommend this app. It allows me to set the exact time I receive the daily message which is usually exactly what I need to hear to start my day. Then I check the Reward I have earned and it not only shows me the time I have been sober, the money I have saved, but also gives me an encouraging message. I then go to the Forum where I already have friends with whom I can get support and who I can share my deepest secrets. Best of all, I turn to this app whenever I get a craving to relapse and it gives me straight forward questions to help me deal with what’s wrong. Easy to navigate and fun to use, this app is essential to my recovery.
2+ years sober
I have been battling alcohol addiction for most my life, and I decided enough was enough. Sober Tool helped me more then once. When I felt like I was going to relapse it was good to know I had Sober Tool to fall back on. I really liked how it keeps track of the days you have been sober, and the money you saved by not drinking. The medals you earn are pretty cool too! I never thought I would say that I have been sober for 2+ years! Thanks Sober Tool!!!
Developer Response ,
You are so welcome! Thanks for your review! We are with you! I am in recovery too and have 30 years clean and sober! You just helped me too!
Well made app, but...
Completely dogmatic twelve step zombie BS. If AA works for you, that’s all well & good, but it’s far from the absolute truth about substance use/addiction/recovery. There are other ways to overcome your dependencies, to stay free of them, to live a full & happy life without them. And yes, there are ways to use drugs or alcohol recreationally that don’t ruin your life in the first place. Pseudo-psychological propaganda like this only serves to further outdated & inaccurate stereotypes and hurt people, individually & as a collective culture; the cumulative subliminal damage religion-based programs like AA inflict far outstrips the amount it improves upon (Which isn’t much; AA & NA success rates match the amount of addicts that surmount their struggles on their own, 5-10% yearly).
Developer Response ,
Not only AA in app. Other recovery techniques included. You did not take the time to fully explore the app. Nevertheless, latest research shows AA still the best: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/upshot/alcoholics-anonymous-new-evidence.html. However, this app is tailored to individual.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blitzen, LLC
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Blitzen, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.