The SOFREP app allows you to access all of the Military Grade Content that we offer including our Crate Club gear subscription boxes and store.
The SOFREP Team Room is an exclusive community with full site access to ad free content and invites to special events.
A Team Room membership provides access to exclusive news and editorial content, hardcore gear reviews, community forums, military documentaries, and Spec Ops interviews – all with much needed authenticity in media.
Our editorial team is unlike any other because we’re all military and special operations veterans. We were the first in the world to adopt this style of content in 2012. Real world experience combined with unbiased reporting.
Unlock exclusive content by choosing different subscription plans (in-app purchase: auto-renewing monthly / annually).
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of your selected plan above. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase on the device.
- Added fixes on random crashes.
- Some articles in the news are available for free reading.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app overall!
The app is really impressive for the first go around and operates very well overall. Anything bad I have to say about it would largely be nitpicking but I'll put it out there anyway.
My only gripes with the app are:
- slight lag while scrolling down, particularly as you're getting further down in the articles
- video wouldn't flip to horizontal orientation (could be user error but I don't know how to fix it, my screen lock was not on)
- I'd like to see the SOFREP podcast side operate more like the Apple podcasts where I can download it (no data usage), and fast-forward or rewind in 15-second intervals.
Again, small details to gripe with but that's all I got! Great app and even better content! Thanks SOFREP
I used to subscribe to the site as well as the podcast. Every day the amount of new or unique content on the site goes down and it seems like they’re stretching the content they do have as much as possible. Lots of recycled articles, or at least large parts of them. They’re not very long or in-depth either.
As for the podcast - absolutely garbage since Ian left. They used to have a well-produced show, packed with a revolving door of interesting and highly-placed guests. Now it’s Brandon jabbering with a buddy of his every week. And speaking of jabbering, Brandon needs to stop taking several paragraphs to spit out what could be said in one sentence. Put the thesaurus down and stop with the word spaghetti. It’s almost like he’s trying to fill time (which is a similar concept to the articles on the site, discussed above).
It really feels like the wheels are coming off as Hurricane Media seems to be more interesting in becoming Stitch Fix for dudes (Crate Club), rather than a news and media outlet.
Major bummer to see.
Excellent app... but 2 big wishes
1. PLEASE give the option to change the font size. It can be extremely difficult to read at times
2. PLEASE give the option to change the background color to white on the articles.
Please provide an update on allowing the white background for reading articles!!!
- Hurricane Group, Inc.
- 69.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Hurricane Group, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Front Line (Monthly) $5.99
- Front Line (Annual) $49.99
- Team Room (Monthly) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.