SongWriter Lite is a simple, yet powerful solution for songwriting on the go. Recording your ideas and writing your lyrics and chords has never been so convenient.
(Now also available on Mac AppStore)
● Write your lyrics for each section of your song (ie. verse, chorus).
● Record audio for each section separately.
● Use the 'Chord Picker' to easily insert chords.
● Chords display above the lyrics when in display mode.
● Add guitar tablature.
● View Chord Diagrams - over 1000 chords included for guitar, bass, ukulele and banjo, plus you can add your own.
● Nashville Numbering System support.
● Search for rhymes or synonyms to help find inspiration. (Highlight the word you wish to find a rhyme/synonym for, only highlight the word with no space before or after the word, then touch Rhymes or Synonyms from the menu that appears.)
● Email your songs, with options to send PDF's, Songwriter Files, or MySongbook Files.
● Optional 'Passcode Lock' to protect your ideas from prying eyes.
● Backup/Restore powered by Dropbox.
If you have any suggestions of how Songwriter can be made even better, we would love to hear your ideas. Please visit www.simonsapps.com to get in touch.
Upgraded for iOS 11
Added search feature.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve been using this app for over a year now and I really like the concept of being able to write lyrics and record in the same place. I have written many songs through this app, but recently I updated my IPhone, and I no longer can open the app! It says the app needs to be updated to work with new IPhone update. Please help, I can’t recover my songs unless you update the app!
Very Useful! Perfect! Fantastic!
This app provides for the most originality of a writer. It has a very comfortable setup when you start a new song. Everything functions perfectly!
However, I usually don't use the tab function, because it's rather difficult to use; I would recommend the developer to make it easier to handle at the fingertip. Other than that, it's very nice to have folders and the recording ability and the chord library, and so on. Great app, overall.
Needs to fix bugs
I LOVE the idea of this app, but it does not run properly. I just downloaded it with the intent of having an electronic way to keep track of all my songs. I put one song in, but it took two tries because the app froze and then deleted all my progress. I finished one song and started on another and the same thing happened this time deleting my completed song and the partially completed song. I’m so sad because this app has everything I would want to organize my music! Please fix the bugs and I would love this app so much!!! Please and thank you :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.