SongBook+ allows you to manage your songs with lyrics and/or sheet music, playbacks, MIDI files, videos and to always have them at hand when performing. Besides, SongBook+ can control your MIDI devices or be controlled by MIDI.
SongBook+ is the stage-compatible app for musicians, which has won several positive reviews from inspired musicians. The app works on iPad and iPhone. Now we also have the SongBook+ for the Mac.
SongBook+ is free, but the basic version is limited to 1 book of 15 songs. If you wish, you can unlock the full version through In-App purchase to remove this restriction.
Note: This app does not include any lyrics or other files.
List of the most important features:
- Manage songs with great search and sort options
- View lyrics or sheet music (PDF, TXT, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF, GIF, LRC, ChordPro)
- Play playbacks (MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A)
- Multitrack audio player (5 stereo audio files) with separate audio outputs
- Multichannel audio routing to separate audio outputs (with external hardware)
- Mixer with 10 bands equalizer and separate volume for the 5 audio files, global and per song
- Play MIDI files (with external sound generation)
- Play karaoke videos (MOV, MP4, MPV, 3GP, M4V)
- Loop function for audio, midi and video files
- Use in portrait or landscape mode (landscape mode only on iPad)
- Insert notes/chords/symbols/sheet music/images/shapes
- Highlight/underline/strike out text passages
- Hand write/paint in the document
- Insert custom, configurable buttons into the document
- Full page turns or smooth scrolling
- Auto page turns or scrolling
- Record song positions with your finger
- Import and display lyrics of Midi/MP3 files
- Control using foot pedal
- Wirelessly connect SongBooks for a synchronous song selection
- Select the next song while a song is playing
- Create playlists
- Music log for billing with GEMA/SUIZA/…
- Take a photo of lyrics/sheet music and convert them into PDF files
- Night mode with inverted colors
- Optical and/or acoustic metronome
- Connect an external monitor with a possible rotation of 90/180/270 degrees
- Separate into multiple books, e.g. one book per volume
Exceptional MIDI options:
- Access the according registration via keyboard when opening the song
- Open a song on the iPad via MIDI remote control
- Send individually configurable MIDI commands when opening/starting/stopping the song
- Insert any buttons for MIDI commands into the lyrics/sheet music
- Remotely browse via MIDI
- Play MIDI files via MIDI-Out on the keyboard/MIDI player/expander
- Integrated MIDI monitor
If you love SongBook+ and appreciate and want to ensure the updates and support of SongBook+ for the future, you may also opt to become a sponsor.
Three different levels of sponsoring named "Gold Sponsor", "Silver Sponsor" or "Bronce Sponsor" are available. To be a sponsor of SongBook+, you can choose from a monthly or yearly payable subscription. The payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Information about privacy, terms and conditions of SongBook+ and the In App Purchases of SongBook+ can be found here: https://www.songbookplus.com/privacy-terms-conditions
If you bought the full version of SongBook+ more than 5 years ago and you want to keep using it free of charge, then DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE (6.2.x)!
Otherwise, the update will turn SongBook+ back into a demo version, and you will have to reactivate the full version by means of in-app purchasing or a monthly or yearly subscription.
(The cut-off point is a purchase date prior to June 1, 2018. If you have a sponsoring subscription, you will not be affected.)
Changes in version 6.2.3:
- Compatibility with new Yamaha Genos2 keyboard
- Fixed issue of version 6.2.2 with iOS 13
Changes in version 6.2.2:
- Bugfix: Fixed known issues with iOS 17
- Bugfix: Removed settings options that are no longer used
- Bugfix: Improved display of list in song pre-selection window
- Bugfix: In some midi files line breaks in imported text at wrong potision
- Bugfix: when sorting by code second sorting by title
- Bugfix: Exporting very large books with many songs
Changes in version 6.2.1:
- Bugfix: Action "Open song with code" not editable
- Bugfix: On iPhone in portrait mode titles are not shown completely
Changes in version 6.2.0:
- Export/Import of individual books
- Show song information in song lyrics with larger selection of fields.
- MIDI output for many functions separately selectable
- Simple "MIDI-THRU" for forwarding MIDI events
- Synchronize switching of loop points on/off with other SongBooks.
- Use loop points also for forward jumps
- Also display images instead of just videos on external monitor
Ratings and Reviews
Full version won’t open
I liked the free version so I purchased the one time fee for the full version, but wouldn’t let me get past the 15th song so I tried to purchase again and it told me I already have the full version, yet still can’t load anymore songs.
Developer Response ,
Please try to execute the option "Restore in-app purchases" in the menu on button "...".
If that doesn't help, please contact our support.
Robust and stable app for on-stage
I love this app! I was using OnSong, but abandoned it because it just had too many bugs. I moved all my timeline and MIDI control to Ableton Live, stage lighting to LightKey and iPad song sheet displays to SongBook+. I easily import PDF songsheets into it using the finder and assign a MIDI command to each song so that Ableton live set can call them up. Ableton sends MIDI commands to scroll everyone’s iPads… This approach has worked great for me now for over 6 months. I’m so glad I am using the right tool for each job. SongBook+ might not have all the flashy bells and whistles other programs might have, but it has one much more important feature: it works flawlessly and reliably! Also, my songsheets are easily created in Word and converted to pdf for import - these standard tools allow easy editing and ultimately produce better looking displays! Backups are also a breeze using standard Finder interface… Lastly, the support team is very responsive and professional in answering inquiries.
Great program except..... IPad Pro users
Program works great almost.
I’m an extensive user of this app. I’ve been paying for it for about 3 years now. The organization of my music is great on this app. I have about 12 hours of music and lyrics on my device, and I can easily find anything I want whenever I want it. Volume control from my Bluetooth pedal is great too! I play about 200 shows a year and i consider this money well spent.
HOWEVER…. I recently (6 months ago) got a brand new iPad Pro. Now if I switch to another app like settings, Mail, notepad , or whatever; it will freeze the SONGBOOK PLUS app when I return to it. Not a huge glitch, but an annoyance as I get song requests and like to make notes during shows.
I lived with it for a few months hoping it would go away. Then I contacted support. They asked me to explain the problem, then they replied that I was using it wrong, They told me not to switch to a different program while using the app.
I answered that I understand how to work around it, but that I was curious if they had plans to fix it.
They replied that it was Apple’s fault for updating the iOS so often and not theirs. Grrrr. None of my other apps have this problem with stability.
SO IF YOU HAVE AN IPAD PRO, BE AWARE ITS NOT STABLE. other than that, it’s a great app. I wish I’d known this when I bought my iPad Pro.
Developer Response ,
Unfortunately, there is a known bug in Apple iOS that can cause the app to freeze when external audio hardware is connected or disconnected while the app is running. The freeze doesn't happen on all iPad models or with all audio hardware.
We reported the bug to Apple in February 2022 and an Apple engineer even confirmed that there is a bug, but we are still waiting for a fix and don't get any information about progress.
Switching to another app and back to SongBook+ should not cause any problem. The developer asked you for more information in the support ticket. Please answer it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matthias Bauer
- 21.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023, BauM Software
- In-App Purchases
- Full version (monthly) $1.99
- Full version $49.99
- Full version (yearly) $20.49
- BRONZE sponsor (monthly) $0.99
- SILVER sponsor (monthly) $1.99
- GOLD sponsor (monthly) $3.99
- SILVER sponsor (yearly) $22.99
- Updates +5 years $49.99
- GOLD sponsor (yearly) $45.99
- BRONZE sponsor (yearly) $11.49
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.