Gives you instant access to 500,000+ high quality guitar, bass and drum tabs & chords.
Featured in the Wall Street Journal as one of "The Best Apps for Learning to Play Music" and as the Apple App of the Week, Songsterr gives you instant access to 500,000+ high quality guitar, bass and drum tabs & chords.
Songsterr Tabs & Chords is a subscription based app. Free version allows you to check out all the features using 15 second previews of songs. To get unlimited access to all the songs, sign up for a $4.99 USD per month subscription (pricing may vary in countries other than the U.S.).
Tabs & Chords
• Huge catalogue of 500,000+ accurate tabs & chords.
• High transcription quality. There is only one version of tab per song.
• Legality. Music creators get paid.
• Realistic Guitar Engine. Learn and play along with Songsterr.
• Multiple Instruments. Most songs have tabs for individual instruments (guitar, bass, drums, vocal, etc).
• Speed Control. Slow down tab playback to learn difficult parts down to 15%.
• Loop. Play back selected measures over and over again.
• Offline Mode. View and playback previously opened tabs offline. Cache size can be controlled via Settings app.
• Solo. Hear just the instrument you are learning.
• Mute. Play along with a backing track.
• Pitch shifting. Change the pitch of your tab and skip retuning your guitar.
• Count in. Gives you time to prepare for playing after tapping Play.
• Chromatic Tuner. Tune your guitar via mic or adaptors like iRig.
• Background Audio Support. Play along using e.g. iRig and Amplitube (make sure that "Background Audio" option is enabled in Amplitube)
• Instrument Filter. Filter out songs that don't have tab for your instrument.
• History. Instantly access tabs you viewed recently.
• Favorites. Quickly access your favorite tabs.
• Favorites Syncing. Sign in with your Songsterr account to synchronize favorites with website.
• Universal. iPad and iPhone. One app, two platforms, one subscription.
Your Songsterr subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current monthly period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Please go to http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/privacy and http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/terms for more information.
• Allow changing the pitch of tabs
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
If you run into any issues with the app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Good learning tool but I have one problem
Great app there’s one thing I don’t like. The songs on the app are mostly the album version of songs including the tab for multi track overdubs. It can be a little unpractical when there four or five different guitar tracks. Sometimes the track is just bolstering certain parts, so the measures are all empty except for an occasional handful of note peppered throughout the song. It has adaptions mimicking vocal parts. If they can do that why not adapt the songs in a way that makes sense for a person trying learn the song and doesn’t really need all the guitar overdubs of the album recording that at times can be confusing and make it harder to learn. If your trying to learn the song to play live, strictly having the album version in detail is not very helpful. Add some adaptations for songs to be played live or for a student trying to learn the songs on their own without a band. Kind of like what a good guitar teacher would do.
So I have had Songsterr now for a day and I noticed a few things.
1. The side scroll is a little difficult to follow especially when you are trying to learn a song. I’d like to be able to view it as a whole piece of sheet music.
2. The sound and the actual notes are not in Unison. Maybe it sounds a little better when playing slower stuff but at full speed for a song at 180bpm there is a very noticeable lag the sound plays after the note passes the green bar not exactly on time. This makes it very difficult to learn new stuff
Overall I have this 3 stars because for $4.99/month this app should have these wrinkles ironed out by now. The timing is inexcusable because most people are learning how to play a song for the first time and it throws everything off.
Developer Response ,
Could you please drop us a line at email@example.com?
Wish we had the option to mute the part we’re practicing
Honestly for a company smart enough to develop an app like this, it somewhat astounds me that they developed the option to mute all other instruments except for the part you’re practicing, without developing the option to mute just yours. What’s in there is useless! How does that help develop your ear at all? The app currently functions somewhat like training wheels on a a bike. You can walk through complex pieces from at variable speeds, while it plays all the instruments for you. But eventually, you need to work on you’re ability to play it alone to maximize your tone; yet you have no way of removing just the instrument you’re playing. It would be great if we could keep the accompanying instruments, the tab, the speed control, but then mute the track it’s showing for the tab. As it stands I’m being forced to mute the phone entirely which is really stupid. I may cancel my subscription over this, because I feel like I’ve hit a plateau with songsterr and there’s better alternatives out there. Vote with your wallet!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guitar Tabs LLC
- 72.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Songsterr
- In-App Purchases
- Songsterr Subscription $4.99
- Songsterr Subscription (NT) $4.99
- Songsterr Subscription (1WT) $4.99
- Songsterr Subscription (WT) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.