Gives you free instant access to 800,000+ high quality guitar, bass and drum tabs & chords with realistic playback.
Featured in the Wall Street Journal as one of "The Best Apps for Learning to Play Music" and as the Apple App of the Week, Songsterr gives you free instant access to 800,000+ high quality guitar, bass and drum tabs & chords with FREE realistic playback.
Songsterr Tabs & Chords is a subscription based app. The free version allows you to view and playback all the tabs. To get unlimited access to all the learning features like Speed Control, Loop, Solo, Mute, Pitch Shifting, etc., sign up for a $9.99 USD per month subscription (pricing may vary in countries other than the U.S.). This subscription gives you access on all supported platforms.
Tabs & Chords
• Huge catalogue of 800,000+ accurate tabs & chords with free full length playback.
• High transcription quality. There is only one accurate version of a tab per song.
• Legality. Music creators get paid.
• Realistic Guitar Engine. Learn and play along with Songsterr.
• Original Audio. Play along with synchronized original audio.
• Backing Tracks. Play along with synchronized original recordings of the rest of the band (with your part muted) for our most popular songs.
• Multiple Instruments. Most songs have tabs for individual instruments (guitar, bass, drums, vocal, etc).
• Speed Control. Slow down tab playback up to 15% to learn difficult parts.
• Loop. Play back selected measures over and over again.
• Offline Mode. View and playback previously opened tabs offline. Cache size can be controlled via Settings app.
• Solo. Hear only the instrument you are learning.
• Mute. Play along with a backing track.
• Pitch Shifting. Change the pitch of your tab and skip retuning your guitar.
• Count In. Gives you time to prepare for playing after tapping Play.
• Chromatic Tuner. Tune your guitar via mic or adaptors like iRig.
• Background Audio Support. Play along using e.g. iRig and Amplitube (make sure that the "Background Audio" option is enabled in Amplitube)
• Instrument Filter. Filter out songs that don't have a tab for your instrument.
• History. Instantly access tabs you viewed recently.
• Favorites. Quickly access your favorite tabs.
• Favorites Syncing. Sign in with your Songsterr account to synchronize favorites with our website.
• Pass-through Plus Subscription gives access on all supported platforms including Web.
Your Songsterr subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your Apple ID account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your Apple ID account settings.
SUBSCRIBERS' AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current monthly period, unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. Please go to http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/privacy and http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/terms for more information.
Backing Tracks: Play along with synchronized original recordings of the rest of the band (with your part muted) for our most popular songs. Experience the live stage and harmonize with the band. Feel the rhythm and elevate your musical experience.
As always, this release features enhancements in performance and bug fixes. If you run into any issues with the app, please send us a message from the Help screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Wish I had this 45 years ago!!
Now I gotta play catch up! Holy S__t! Songsterr, ya monster you! I get guitar, bass, drum, and keyboard parts, and all the fills. Maaaaan! Just not fair, now I gotta go to work, happily, still work though. $10/mo not bad! You should see all the music books I’ve bought over 45 years, John Thompson’s modern course for the piano, Guitar Player, and Guitar for the Practicing Musician magazines, even have a rudiment poster for the drums. $10 is cheap just that fact I can carry around my whole sheet music library on a mobile device speaks volumes. Quick searching for a specific tune, priceless, and no more dr. for paper cuts. (for those who flipped actual pages in their lifetimes, not pdfs!) and I can slow down the song to hear it at my speed 🤣 or wait for the coffee to kick in. I do like this better than that Rock band video game, just more used to music that way. I do like the Rockband too, makes me feel like I’m playing a an actual video game I relate to.
Hoping to get all of “Out for Blood” learned soon, all parts! Yea, I’m bored and “that kind of musician” (whatever that means. Maybe ‘esplain it for me Lucy!) Thank you for making the thought even possible. K gotta go git ta work, peace! Thanks!
Good learning tool but I have one problem
Great app there’s one thing I don’t like. The songs on the app are mostly the album version of songs including the tab for multi track overdubs. It can be a little unpractical when there four or five different guitar tracks. Sometimes the track is just bolstering certain parts, so the measures are all empty except for an occasional handful of note peppered throughout the song. It has adaptions mimicking vocal parts. If they can do that why not adapt the songs in a way that makes sense for a person trying learn the song and doesn’t really need all the guitar overdubs of the album recording that at times can be confusing and make it harder to learn. If your trying to learn the song to play live, strictly having the album version in detail is not very helpful. Add some adaptations for songs to be played live or for a student trying to learn the songs on their own without a band. Kind of like what a good guitar teacher would do.
User for ~11 years, might be coming to an end
I have had this app since I was in middle school. For reference, I am now in my second year of law school. Of the few constants in my life since middle school, this app has been one of them. However, the "freemium" update might lead me to delete this app at last.
I learned my first song on this app. Heck, I learned my first *1,000* songs on this app. As a self-taught guitarist, this app helped me develop my skills farther than I could have ever gotten by myself. That was in large part due to the features that we were allowed to use for free. The solo play, mute, and loop features, along with the tempo adjuster were crucial in my development as a guitarist. That was ALL THANKS to Songsterr and the fact that the creators allowed those features to remain free. At the time, no other guitar apps would imagine doing something so generous. I 100% believe I would have eventually quit guitar had this app not existed when I first started playing. Now, unfortunately, those who cannot afford $10/month will not have it as easily as I did.
The spirit of helping new players discover the joy of creating music, and the ever-giving journey of honing one's skill as a musician, has all been dumped in favor of greed. I am truly heartbroken.
Developer Response ,
Could you please drop us a line at email@example.com?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guitar Tabs LLC
- 37.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Songsterr
- In-App Purchases
- Legacy Subscription $4.99
- Songsterr Plus $9.99
- Legacy Subscription 3 $4.99
- Legacy Subscription 4 $4.99
- Legacy Subscription 2 $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.