Sonid is a music theory learning app that teaches you about musictheory in a fun and orderly manner.
It is different compared to other apps in the sense that it focuses you to learn about a single topic at a time expanding your knowledge about the harmonies in music theory step by step. Sonid is made for beginners and more advanced musicians that would like to broaden their musical mind.
- Learn about a musical subject: a natural note, the perfect prime interval, the ionian major scale, a major seventh chord and many more.
- Answer questions about the subject you just learned about.
- Unlock classes to continue and expand your musical knowledge.
- Complete classes and lessons and earn experience points to buy badges and compete with your friends.
- Lookup detailed information about a musical term from anywhere inside the app.
- Display the notes from any scale/chord or interval in the playground.
- Get help at the in-app forum.
What can you learn?
For now Sonid focuses on harmony within music theory. This means that when you complete all classes you will know how to:
- Build and play any existing scale, from major to minor and from lydian to mixolydian.
- Can read any chord symbol and understand how it's made up and which scale it uses, like: Dmaj7#11 or G13.
- Become better at understanding how a music key works and which degrees are relevant to play or how you can substitute them.
Report a bug:
Please report any bug or other feedback through the Play Store app comments or send a mail to email@example.com
Icons by icons8.com
- Added subscription
- Fixed bug user menu closing on click create profile
- Improved analyse page
- Other small improvements
- Lessons are now offline and included in app
- Added customised exercises
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.