Finally there is an improved controller App for Sonos available on your iPhone or iPod Touch! Even still supporting iPod Touch 5th Gen and iPhone 4S!
Watch on YouTube (http://youtu.be/rvp4QinakL0) or
read below about
- a new intuitive and concise user interface
- less taps for common tasks
- home automation integration
- and current limitions (don't skip them ;) )
or come over to my homepage www.sonophone.net with much more information and screenshots available.
This application is not endorsed by or associated with Sonos, Inc. (which is why it is not free)
◆◆◆ a new intuitiv and concise user interface ◆◆◆
SonoPhone is designed to leverage the latest iOS design principles:
- Tap or drag the player on the top and you'll find the players view to select a new player and with volume controls for all players. From here you can also enter Zone Management, where you can group and ungroup players with drag and drop.
- Tap or drag the Track infos on the bottom and you'll be at the big covers screen
- Drag the main menu from any place to the left or right to have instant access to playlist or shortcuts
- volume + progress popups: when changing volume or progress of a song, you get popups telling you the actual values. Stop guessing your desired values today!
◆◆◆ less taps for common tasks ◆◆◆
SonoPad tries to optimize most often used tasks to have the least taps needed. In the end you are able to navigate and control your players much more fluently.
- Touch To Play: are you sick of always beeing asked what to do when you tap a track or album? SonoPhone defaults to just starting an album or song. A long press still gives you access to all options - you can also change the tap default in the settings menu. Want to build a playlist fast? Just set the default to 'always add to end' and off you go ...
- tap an album cover image and the whole album starts to play immediately
- aggregated search: search results are collapsed into one view, so you see immediately in what category you have the best results, without switching back and forth
- shortcuts to most used functions: drag the main menu to the right to get shortcut buttons for artist, albums, radio and musicservices.
- you can control the volume of every player directly from the player selection screen. No need to switch players anymore.
◆◆◆ home automation integration ◆◆◆
- you can start SonoPhone with the 'sonophone://' URL from other remote Apps. Its also possible to hand over a return URL, then a new icon is displayed to return to the automation App.
Further option include to select a default player or default menu, you can read more about all option on my homepage sonophone.net
◆◆◆ Limitations ◆◆◆
- all music services except Google Music are supported
- no playing of music stored on iPhone yet
- no options to set alarms or sleep settings
- no support for discontinued WD100 dock
◆◆◆ Other stuff ◆◆◆
- Sonos is registered trademark of Sonos, Inc.
- this version fixes problems with dark mode introduced with that last version. While we don't have a real dark mode yet, at least you can use the App again should you have activated dark mode
As always: If anything is not working as you expect don't hesitate to contact email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Right there, five stars. If you’ve been frustrated/horrified that the primary Sonos app has been turned into a sleazy data-collection privacy nightmare, this is pretty much the only sane alternative now: no “sonos account” to set up, no horrific “we track every click you make and song you play, even from your home collection” terms of service to agree to, no “hey plug in an always-on microphone” cash grab.
In an ideal world, it’d be optimized for larger-screen iPhones, but whatever: it works, and it’s let me continue to use my sonos system without having to surrender my privacy. A million thanks.
Like seeing a number for volume level
I mostly got this to be able to see a number for the volume level, so I can set the volume back to the exact volume I want to be able to hear music in other rooms when I’m getting ready in the morning without it being too loud or having to adjust it when I move into a room that doesn’t have a speaker. I also like being able to get to so much from one screen. Finally, I’m happy to find that this app still works after the Sonos S2 upgrade!!!
Worked from jump!
I was looking to see if Sonos had any updates to their app and stumbled upon this gem! Loaded super quick! No longer waiting for 3-10 seconds for mySonos app to load. The ability to create zones is excellent as I play certain sets of speaker together almost all the time. Really good app!
- Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 20.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- © Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (HB)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.