Soundworks is a space of inquiry and contemplation unlike any other. We launched recently, try it out for 7 days for free!
SOUND MEDITATION WITHOUT THE BELLS & WHISTLES—OR GONGS.
Soundworks provides access to unique and modern sounds designed by professional artists from the electronic music scene to deepen your daily meditation practice.
> Timeless techniques meet modern sound design.
Soundworks combines various meditative disciplines with the precision and clarity of modern electronic sound design. Building on a decade of experimentation in immersive media experience and psychoacoustic research, Soundworks offers a uniquely honed sound palette to enhance the quality of your daily meditations.
> Created by artists, grounded in neuroscience.
Soundworks offers sound meditations and listening sessions designed to enable clarity, insight and calm. Our artists, experienced meditators in their own right, take cues from the neuroscience of sound and aesthetic perception to create unique experiences in auditory mindfulness.
> Your space to cultivate inner and outer inquiry.
The Soundworks app includes a new daily sound every day as well as courses, extended sessions and conversations. Courses touch upon scientific, artistic or philosophical themes with a contemplative spirit. In conversations, we involve artists, scientists or thinkers to discuss meditation, science, music and health.
- The daily sound: a new sound meditation every day, with the ability to add time at the end of the sound to continue meditating in silence.
- Introductory Course: a 7-day introduction to sound meditation covering our sense of hearing from a biological and cultural perspective, and introducing simple techniques for working with sound as an object of mindfulness.
- More courses: from learning the mysteries of dreaming, to exploring time and space, or observing the nature of our perception and cognition, we offer a series of contemplative learning experiences using sound as a gateway towards insight.
- Extended sessions: purely sonic adventures for longer meditation sessions.
- Conversations: talks or interviews with artists, scientists and thinkers about meditation, science, music and health.
- Timer: a meditation timer including a choice of intro and interval sounds.
We are a small team of producers, designers, and technologists with a fierce belief that the quality of our attention underpins our very notion of reality and influences every aspect of how we think, feel and communicate.
Join the Soundworks community!
Conversations will now automatically resume where left off last time you started playing. Check out our interview of Lukas Volz: "Sound and the Brain".
If you use Apple Health, you can now log your mindful minutes of meditation with Soundworks automatically into Apple Health. Simply authorize access in Settings.
Do you like Soundworks? Please consider leaving a review on the App Store. Share your story! :)
We're at email@example.com for any question.
Ratings and Reviews
A family doctors perspective
Very well made app. Allows for independent meditation. Invites the internal creative dialogue - opening up that space we all can utilize daily for centering and healing. Creates a space for re-balancing of sympathetic and parasympathetic activation and due to using different sound compositions day by day it invokes curiosity which makes change easier. Very easy and intuitive to use. I can see working with this personally and professionally. I am a family doctor and can see using this in my practice to help clients in many aspects of their journey towards the healthy state they desire.
My new favorite meditation guide
I've been meditating for years, starting with Headspace and later using Sam Harris' app. In between I learned TM and started practicing without an app on my own. Soundworks is the best way for me to enjoy my own personal meditation with a little boost that keeps it fresh and engaging. I love the sound profiles and how they make me feel when I am meditating.
There’s an obvious difference in the days I meditate and the days I don’t
Amazing app, super well developed and designed, incredible interface, and blissful sounds which result in heart-full meditations. There’s an obvious difference in the days I meditate and the days I don’t, so with that, I love this app and wholeheartedly recommend.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Soundworks Media Inc.
- 107.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Soundworks Media, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly $59.99
- Monthly $7.99
- Bi-Yearly $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.