Learn a new language for free with SpanishDict, the leading Spanish translator, dictionary, and conjugator trusted by more than 20 million people each month.
95% of learners say that SpanishDict helps them learn Spanish. Join language learners around the world on SpanishDict, featuring the highest quality Spanish-English dictionaries available offline, interactive vocabulary quizzes, and native speaker audio. Whether you’re looking for a fast and accurate translator or an offline dictionary, SpanishDict has your back.
• Full Spanish-English Dictionary with examples, regional usage, and contextual information. Our offline Spanish dictionary is faster than apps requiring a connection to lookup words. Words are suggested as you type, helping you find the right answer faster. Native speaker audio pronunciations for dictionary entries are available (connection required).
• Conjugations for thousands of verbs. Full conjugation tables for all tenses with irregular verb conjugations highlighted in red.
• Comprehensive Translators provide three in-app translations (connection required). Just type the phrase that you want translated and receive three translations for the most accurate answer.
• Vocabulary Practice - challenge yourself with our fun and effective Spanish vocabulary quizzes and learn new words at all levels of difficulty. Learn new words with voice quizzes, writing questions, and more. Videos, native speaker audio, and images help you remember words. Create your own study lists or choose from hundreds of lists curated by our Spanish experts. We'll keep track of your performance so you can keep your Spanish skills sharp!
• Our Grammar Guide has answers to the most common and challenging grammar topics in the Spanish language. Get tips and explanations from Spanish experts to take your grammar to the next level.
• Word of the Day helps you learn new Spanish words each day! Optional push notifications send new words for a quick dose of vocabulary each day.
• With SpanishDict Premium, you can take your learning to the next level with offline vocabulary quizzes, no ads, and downloadable Cheat Sheets and Phrasebooks. Master Spanish phrases faster and keep these quick reference tools for easy access. Try 7 days for free!
Check out some of our reviews:
“The best free Spanish dictionary available in the app store!”
“This app is extremely useful for anyone who wants to have anything to do with Spanish!”
“I've tried several Spanish-English dictionaries, and this is the best I've seen. You can have confidence that you're saying what you think you're saying.”
“This format of dictionary should be the model by which all other language dictionaries are developed. The conjugation and pronunciations of the words by native speakers is an invaluable aid. I have 100% confidence that I'm learning words precisely enough to speak them.”
“Forget google translate - SpanishDict is an amazing app that has saved me on countless occasions. I am a student learning Spanish and SpanishDict is a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing, functional app, one which you should definitely download.”
We hope you enjoy the app. And as always, good luck with your Spanish!
Try SpanishDict Premium for 7 days free! Support SpanishDict and get offline vocabulary quizzes, helpful Cheat Sheets and Phrasebooks, and a beautiful ad-free experience.
If you choose to purchase SpanishDict Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Thanks for your support! We're always looking to improve our app. This release includes:
- Marketing improvements for SpanishDict Premium
- Improved support for IDFA on iOS 14.5 and up
Please leave a review if you like what you see or send us an e-mail at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Best usability with the best translations...
Since this app is agragated from info by actual Spanish speakers who want to promote the best use of the language (as opposed to algorithms or data scientists), it consistently has the best translations (which will change dramatically as you input more of the sentence, and it understands what you’re ACTUALLY trying to say.) There are other translators that will give you words that technically work, but this seems to be the most intuitive as it pertains to true idioms of the language. It also gives the best explanations for language learners who need to better understand WHY one expression is better than the other (I use “X vs. Y” comparisons all the time to get a level of complexity similar to my native language.) Conjugation charts are thorough and concise (if you are a student, you could find yourself accessing them 100s of times per week- they are like ‘Quick Study Guides’ on steroids (which is why I finally searched for and downloaded the app, in order to have the most comprehensive ‘Quick Study Guide’ possible- although those are still useful, if you lose power or internet signal. ;-)..) This appears to have the full functionality of the website (simply cutting out the extra step of the browser.)
The app itself is amazing to use, and just like other dictionaries, it gives you the pronunciation and various definitions. Unlike other dictionaries, though, it allows you to listen to the differences in English and Spanish (when the words are exactly the same, like karaoke) and gives you multiple ways to conjugate and use the word, especially if it is featured in a common phrase. What would make it better would be if, like the website of this app, it included a short video of a native Spanish speaker repeating it and using it in a sentence, and more slang from other countries. You could make the argument that since it's a dictionary, it should only use real words from different Latino countries, but it would also be useful to know what someone else said when they speak informally. Plus, it would be interesting to know!
I've been trying to better my Spanish for some time, and this app is extremely useful to me whenever I tend to forget something, not know something, or confuse one thing for something else. Would recommend it for anyone who wants to have anything to do with Spanish!
Also a tip for other users: if you don't find something on the app, chances are it's on their website.
Best electronic Spanish-English dictionary I've seen.
I've tried several Spanish-English dictionaries, and this is the best I've seen. When connected to the internet, it will translate whole sentences. It will show one translation, and then if you click the "other translations" button, you get three other possible translations, so you can have confidence that you're saying what you think you're saying. When not connected to the internet, it still does a great job of translating individual words. It gives plenty of example sentences in both languages for various uses. Another feature I like is that once you set up your preferred languages, you don't have to tell it which language you you are translating from or to. If I type in a Spanish word, phrase, or sentence, it gives me an English translation. If I type in an English word, phrase, or sentence, it gives me a Spanish translation, without me having to remember to switch modes. Love this app.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Curiosity Media, Inc.
- 563 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Curiosity Media, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Annual Subscription $59.99
- SpanishDict Premium 1 Month $12.99
- SpanishDict Premium 6 Month $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.