PASCO Spectrometry is specifically designed for all levels of students and teachers to integrate spectrometry into the teaching and learning of physics, chemistry and biology. Simply connect a PASCO Wireless Spectrometer (PS-2600) and insert a solution to measure absorbance, transmittance and fluorescence of solutions. The Spectrometry software specifically supports full spectrum analysis along with Beer’s law and kinetics experiments. Use a PASCO Fiber Optics Cable (PS-2601) to easily analyze the spectrum of light emissions.
• Measure and analyze intensity, absorbance, transmittance and fluorescence.
• Auto-set the integration time to determine optimum spectrum
• Compare multiple spectra to each other and to a set of reference lines of common elements including Hydrogen, Helium, Mercury and more
• Quickly calibrate dark and reference spectra for solution spectrometry
• Plot absorbance and transmittance on the same graph
• Apply a linear fit to determine relationships
• Determine unknown concentration based on standard curves and user feedback
• Calculate inverse and natural logarithmic data with built-in calculator functions
• Annotate the graph
• Take Snapshots of pages for journaling and assessments
Common user experience across platforms:
Spectrometry provides the same user experience for tablets and computers. No matter the mix of technology in the classroom or the school, teachers and students all share the same user experience--placing the learning experience in the forefront and simplifying classroom management.
• 2015 SIIA CODiE award, Best Education App for a Mobile Device (Finalist)
• 2015 BETT award, Digital Devices (Finalist) for the Spectrometer + Spectrometry app
Equipment and accessory:
The Wireless Spectrometer (PS-2600) and the Fiber Optic Accessory (PS-2601) can be found at pasco.com/spectrometer
PASCO Scientific brings a rich history of innovation and support for science education, with 50 years of service to educators around the world.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.