PASCO Spectrometry is specifically designed for all levels of students and teachers to integrate spectrometry into the teaching and learning of physics, chemistry and biology. Simply connect a PASCO Wireless Spectrometer (PS-2600) and insert a solution to measure absorbance, transmittance and fluorescence of solutions. The Spectrometry software specifically supports full spectrum analysis along with Beer’s law and kinetics experiments. Use a PASCO Fiber Optics Cable (PS-2601) to easily analyze the spectrum of light emissions.
• Measure and analyze intensity, absorbance, transmittance and fluorescence.
• Auto-set the integration time to determine optimum spectrum
• Compare multiple spectra to each other and to a set of reference lines of common elements including Hydrogen, Helium, Mercury and more
• Quickly calibrate dark and reference spectra for solution spectrometry
• Plot absorbance and transmittance on the same graph
• Apply a linear fit to determine relationships
• Determine unknown concentration based on standard curves and user feedback
• Calculate inverse and natural logarithmic data with built-in calculator functions
• Annotate the graph
• Take Snapshots of pages for journaling and assessments
Common user experience across platforms:
Spectrometry provides the same user experience for tablets and computers. No matter the mix of technology in the classroom or the school, teachers and students all share the same user experience--placing the learning experience in the forefront and simplifying classroom management.
• 2015 SIIA CODiE award, Best Education App for a Mobile Device (Finalist)
• 2015 BETT award, Digital Devices (Finalist) for the Spectrometer + Spectrometry app
Equipment and accessory:
The Wireless Spectrometer (PS-2600) and the Fiber Optic Accessory (PS-2601) can be found at pasco.com/spectrometer
PASCO Scientific brings a rich history of innovation and support for science education, with 50 years of service to educators around the world.
- Added support for the UV-Vis Spectrometer
- Added Help to the application
- Fixed a crash that could occur after calibration.
- The unknown values in the table were not being plotted on the graph. This is no longer a problem.
- When editing a cell in a table, the entire page (except for that cell) would go black. Squashed that bug.
- Fixed an issue where in the Analyze Solution, Absorbance/Transmittance tab, the user was not being prompted to calibrate when they clicked record.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PASCO scientific
- 38.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 PASCO scientific
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.