Spectrum News is your all-in-one destination for local news, weather forecasts and events. You let us know where you call home, and we customize your experience with stories and information that matter to you and your community.
Available for all Spectrum customers.* If you’re not a Spectrum customer, enjoy free access for 30 days.
GET HYPERLOCAL NEWS AND WEATHER
• Read, watch and listen to curated news stories by our Spectrum News journalists and local partner publications.
• Browse enhanced articles that help you understand local issues through original reporting, infographics, interactive maps, and much more.
• Watch on demand videos and exclusive series that uncover meaningful stories.
• Listen to original local podcasts that discuss what’s happening in your area.
• Get the latest weather forecasts from our meteorologists and explore interactive radar maps.
• Discover breaking news happening near you.
• Stay up to date with the biggest events in your community and beyond.
FOLLOW YOUR INTERESTS
• Browse and follow topics you're interested in, including local politics, education, transit, health and more.
• Curate your news experience to see more of what matters to you.
WATCH SPECTRUM NEWS
• Watch live news from Spectrum News’ portfolio of local news networks.
• Spectrum News provides TV coverage in Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York City (NY1 & NY1 Noticias), New York State, North Carolina, Ohio, Central Florida (News 13), Southern California, Tampa (Bay News 9), Texas and Wisconsin.
California Consumer Privacy Rights: https://www.spectrum.com/policies/california
California Consumer Do Not Sell My Personal Information: https://www.spectrum.com/policies/your-privacy-rights-opt-out
*Not currently available for SMB or enterprise customers or Spectrum customers receiving mobile service only.
• We fixed a few bugs to resolve some sign-in issues.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m a former news anchor...
I can’t tell you my delight that I found Spectrum 1. Well honestly it wasn’t that hard because every time I turn on the television that’s the first thing that comes on. I turn the television on to watch a program but I end up staying for Spectrum news.
I’m impressed with everything about it.. it feels as comfortable as your favorite jeans and just as reliable… Especially in this day and age of conjecture an opinion, Spectrum 1 delivers the news clearly and without bias, just the way I like it… The entertainment packages are excellent.I also love the different reporters ,anchors and personalities… I’m here to stay . Thank you Spectrum news.
THANK YOU! Finally a much needed, long overdue update. I had assumed this app had just been forgotten about. I can’t tell you how great it is to be able to watch In The Papers and get my local NY1 News — especially when I have to travel for work. It’s the single reason I have kept paying for a Spectrum Cable subscription and was ready to just let it go and use streaming services instead.
One bit of feedback... I’m surprised it wasn’t designed as being “dark mode.” Hmm. Especially on an iPad screen there’s just way too much white space. It’s an odd choice. So, please at least add the option for a dark mode toggle. With more and more OLED displays and overall majority of iOS users opting for Dark Mode, it just makes the most sense.
I can’t believe that this is considered a “good enough” replacement to the spectrum news 13 app. “The new app has all of the same features as the old one” no it does not spectrum, I can no longer see the amazing radar that use to update every minute and was VERY accurate and VERY useful and VERY helpful! My job requires me going in and out of buildings often & traveling to different locations constantly and I would use the news 13 radar to see where the storms are to know what to expect when to expect it and what route to alter. NOT ANYMORE! The new radar is AWFUL and does not show you every minute, it is impossible to get it to show you anything useful.. this app IS in fact nice but only nice for news.. NOT local news/weather. I am giving this 1 star for the lack of radar support & for the FORCED change over without having a suitable replacement.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- 48.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Charter Communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.