Spectrum News is your all-in-one destination for local news, weather forecasts and events. You let us know where you call home, and we customize your experience with stories and information that matter to you and your community.
Available for all Spectrum customers.* If you’re not a Spectrum customer, enjoy free access for 30 days.
GET HYPERLOCAL NEWS AND WEATHER
• Read, watch and listen to curated news stories by our Spectrum News journalists and local partner publications.
• Browse enhanced articles that help you understand local issues through original reporting, infographics, interactive maps, and much more.
• Watch on demand videos and exclusive series that uncover meaningful stories.
• Listen to original local podcasts that discuss what’s happening in your area.
• Get the latest weather forecasts from our meteorologists and explore interactive radar maps.
• Subscribe to weather notifications to get hyperlocal alerts based on your location.
• Discover breaking news happening near you.
• Stay up to date with the biggest events in your community and beyond.
FOLLOW YOUR INTERESTS
• Browse and follow topics you're interested in, including local politics, education, transit, health and more.
• Curate your news experience to see more of what matters to you.
WATCH SPECTRUM NEWS
• Watch live news from Spectrum News’ portfolio of local news networks.
• Spectrum News provides TV coverage in Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York City (NY1 & NY1 Noticias), New York State, North Carolina, Ohio, Central Florida (News 13), Southern California, Tampa (Bay News 9), Texas and Wisconsin.
INTRODUCING SPECTRUM NEWS+
• Now watch the latest news from across the country. Local stories connecting communities.
• Streaming free with your Spectrum subscription.
• Find Spectrum News+ in the Spectrum News app.
Your Privacy Rights: https://www.spectrum.com/policies/your-privacy-rights
*Not currently available for SMB or enterprise customers or Spectrum customers receiving mobile service only.
• We fixed a few bugs to bring you a better app experience.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m a former news anchor...
I can’t tell you my delight that I found Spectrum 1. Well honestly it wasn’t that hard because every time I turn on the television that’s the first thing that comes on. I turn the television on to watch a program but I end up staying for Spectrum news.
I’m impressed with everything about it.. it feels as comfortable as your favorite jeans and just as reliable… Especially in this day and age of conjecture an opinion, Spectrum 1 delivers the news clearly and without bias, just the way I like it… The entertainment packages are excellent.I also love the different reporters ,anchors and personalities… I’m here to stay . Thank you Spectrum news.
I can’t believe that this is considered a “good enough” replacement to the spectrum news 13 app. “The new app has all of the same features as the old one” no it does not spectrum, I can no longer see the amazing radar that use to update every minute and was VERY accurate and VERY useful and VERY helpful! My job requires me going in and out of buildings often & traveling to different locations constantly and I would use the news 13 radar to see where the storms are to know what to expect when to expect it and what route to alter. NOT ANYMORE! The new radar is AWFUL and does not show you every minute, it is impossible to get it to show you anything useful.. this app IS in fact nice but only nice for news.. NOT local news/weather. I am giving this 1 star for the lack of radar support & for the FORCED change over without having a suitable replacement.
HTTP PROXY UNSUPPORTED
I just left a review and unfortunately couldn’t remember the error message I continue to receive whenever opening your App. Please help. I love Spectrum1 News. I receive all the notifications but unsuccessful at actually getting to read your news stories. Spectrum is my Cable/WiFi-Landline Phone Carrier as well. I have no issue in successfully connecting to Spectrum1 Weather; thank goodness.
Is anyone able to advise me on fixing the issue I’m having? I deleted the App. Went to the App Store; downloaded again & I thought “Finally I’ll have my issue resolved”. Not !!! Thank you for any advice. At 70 I suppose I’m not quite as Tech Savvy. I have MS/Multiple Sclerosis, Widowed, unable to drive & spend all of my time at home other than Dr visits. I really like to keep up on the latest News. I don’t want to go to another News Station App. 😔
Hoping anyone can advise me. 🙏🏻
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- 62.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2023 Charter Communications