You can LISTEN faster than you can READ
Speechify is an intelligent text-to-speech audio-reader that turns your reading material into interactive audiobooks so that you can save time, retain more information, and stay focused. Like your own personal reading assistant, Speechify can read books, documents, and articles while you cook, work out, commute, or any other activity you can think of.
"I am literally going to start crying at how profoundly amazing and revolutionary this is for me" - Chandler
"I suffer from A.D.D. and between this app and Audiobooks I have never felt more empowered... please know you made a real difference in my life" - Bill
• Listen to articles, PDFs, digital text, or physical books AS AUDIO.
• Listen with HD voices and 50+ languages.
• Toggle your reading speed up to 900 words per minute (~5x faster than sight-reading).
• Scan physical book pages with your device camera.
• Import internet articles straight from your mobile browser.
• Integrates with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
• Sync audiobooks across your devices both Mac and Web.
LISTEN TO ANY TEXT, ANYWHERE:
• Import online articles, PDFs, clipboard-copied text, or even photos of physical book pages, and listen while Speechify reads your content to you in the highest quality digital voices available anywhere.
PERSONALIZE YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE:
• Listen to your content with any of Speechify's HD voices or 50+ supported languages, and find the perfect reading speed that works for you. Read along with Speechify's interactive reading interface, or simply lay back and listen!
SAVE TIME, RETAIN MORE, GET MORE DONE:
• While the average sight-reading speed is approximately 200 words per minute, Speechify users quickly learn to listen to 400 words per minute or faster, doubling their reading speed. Speechify's reading screen highlights each word as it reads, and academic research shows that listening and reading at the same time results in significantly higher levels of comprehension.
PERFECT FOR USERS WITH READING DISABILITIES:
• Originally created as a solution for Speechify's founder's dyslexia, Speechify now empowers tens of thousands of users with Dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, anxiety, concussions and other reading disabilities to breeze through their readings and engage with their curiosities.
SYNC YOUR LIBRARY ACROSS DEVICES:
• Download Speechify for iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Google Chrome at getspeechify.com, and your library of audiobooks will sync across all of your devices.
We created Speechify so that reading is never a barrier for anyone again. Designed to help people with dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, concussions, and other reading disabilities, Speechify now helps hundreds of thousands of people to consume their reading content with ease. From those with reading disabilities to auditory learners, productivity fanatics, second language learners, hobbyists, and more, we love all of our users and strive every day to create a reading assistant that empowers them to read more and succeed in life. We can't wait for you to join the family :)
- Happy Listening & Much love, Cliff Weitzman, and the rest of the Speechify Team.
• Get access to Speechify's HD natural reading voices with Speechify Premium on either a monthly, quarterly, or annual plan. Speechify's cutting edge HD voices use natural human inflection to help you stay even more engaged with your readings.
After a free trial, the total amount for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the total subscription price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed or canceled via your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://getspeechify.com/terms/
We update the Speechify app as often as possible to make it faster and more reliable for you. Here are a couple of the enhancements you'll find in the latest update:
- New way of reaching out to the Speechify team.
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback keeps the Speechify app growing.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I recently discovered speechify. I’m a 2nd year law school student who also works full-time.
Before law school I loved listening to audiobooks fiction and non-fiction). So I quickly grew adept at keeping my hands busy while working on chores etc. That’s how I developed my auditory learning skills.
Because of obvious time limitations, when I stared law school, I needed to find a way of staying engaged while reading law textbooks that argue the fine points of countless legal theories illustrated by countless legal case studies. Needless to say, I had been falling behind. Now that I’ve discovered speechify, not only was I able to catch up, today I keep up with the assigned reading, but my retention levels have skyrocketed. I read along while listening. This allows me to pause and “engage” with the content of the text and pick up the reading /listening form wherever I want while having gained the ability to remain “fresh” in my thinking. It’s like having the professor read the book to me word for word. I can now seat and read/listen for hours without feeling the time pass all the while accumulating knowledge. If I find that i did understand a topic as well as I thought, I can quickly select the spot and relisten to it to clear up points of confusion.
This app is a lifesaver for me. Keep up the features coming.
Developer Response ,
I’m loving it!
I always read really slow compared to others and I always tend to read better with someone/something reading it out loud. On this app though I can just easily take a picture of my book pages and it loads within a minute which is really fast and amazing and I just listen to it. It does mess up on some of the words which is understandable that’s why I’m glad I can just edit the text from what ever it messes up. I love how you can just add folders because I’m separating my book by chapters because that’s easier and to make it a whole lot easier I just add it in a folder with the book title as the folder name. It’s easy to add series also because I can add folders within a folder and I find that absolutely amazing. I’m glad I found this app so I can actually read better and read more of what I love! I already been suggesting this app to a lot of people and I only got it yesterday. I love this app already! I’ve been listening to my book all day while doing some work without buying things like some ebook apps even though they're some things you can buy like translation and voices which I might actually buy soon!
❤️❤️❤️Thank you so much! You’re such a life saver! I’m glad this app exists!❤️❤️❤️
I love this! I have always thought I have been a bit dyslexic... I can read but I read slower and mess up some words sometimes. I told my parents that I think I have a small case of dyslexia but they always said no. They always said you just need to practice reading more. They were right. Kind of! If I work really hard at it and am in a quiet place with no distractions, I can read a book. I’m not fast. I’m not sure I comprehend everything I should but I can read. I never liked reading until I got into high school. That is when I finished my first chapter book with out anyone reading to me. My dad would always read to me for my “lit circles” or text book assignments. I love him for that! He is one of the reasons I graduated at the top 10 of my class in high school and first two years of college! He never gave up on me and he was always there to help me no matter what I needed help with! He is my hero! Mom too! She was not very good at reading either but she did better at math. I am now attending my 3rd year of college online to become a teacher and I love to read. Speechify will just speed things up for me a bit is all!
Thank you! ❤️
Developer Response ,
Amazing! Thank you very much! -Cliff
- Speechify Inc.
- 265.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Speechify Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $139.99
- Premium $139.99
- Premium $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.