DragThing of the the future!
Been abandoned by other apps since you updated to macOS Catalina of Big Sur? Did you love DragThing, but are missing it? SpeedDock is the best utility for Mac.
• Create customizable docks for your desktop
• Docks can "float" anywhere on screen or be "fixed" to one edge
• Add apps, folders, and files for easy shortcuts to your favorites (or even browser bookmarks)
• Resize icon size and spacing, show or hide item names, adjust dock transparency
• Organize your apps into tabs
• Display a dock with all open applications, including hidden processes
• Assign hotkey shortcuts to dock items
• Customize icon sorting, size, and spacing
• Lock your docks to prevent accidental editing
• Display an indicator showing currently active applications
• Customize dock organization with spacers
• Show the trash on the desktop—now it's easier to discard items or eject media
• Customize docks for different spaces and monitors
• Add sounds when you click dock items or tabs
• Auto show/hide your docks
SpeedDock makes accessing your most commonly used items a cinch!
Another update? Yes, we needed to squash a few pesky bugs.
Did you see all the great things in our recent updates?
• NEW! Customization options for spaces and multiple monitors. Now you can assign docks to specific spaces or monitors and more.
• NEW! Adjust the font size and spacing of text labels in your docks
• NEW! Add sounds when you click dock items or switch tabs.
• NEW! Show hidden processes in the Open Apps Dock.
• NEW! Improved contextual menus for easily locking/unlocking docks and more.
• NEW! Reorder your tabs in the preferences
• NEW! Show or hide the trash background
• NEW! Add spacers to your docks to customize their layout.
• NEW! Customize the dock transparency on hover
• NEW! Silent trash: play the empty trash sound or keep it quiet
• NEW! Customize the alignment of your dock tabs
• NEW! View dock folder contents (just right-click)
• NEW! Application dock: see all your running apps
• NEW! Display the number of items in the trash
Keep your suggestions coming and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any issues or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app. It mimics the functionality of the classic macOS version of the late, lamented DragThing. One thing I wish was the ability to customize each of the tabs with colors and textures. I hope that makes it in a future version.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! If you update to the latest version, hovering over items to see their names is already added to the app. As for your login issue, check the login items in your System Preferences or get in touch with our support to resolve this.
Gets better and better
A worthy inheritor of Dragthing and its ilk. Speed dock started out promising and -- through excellent support and improvement -- has become quite wonderful.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for you feedback. There is an auto-hide option in the settings. As for switching desktops, can you please contact our support with more details of this request? email@example.com. Thanks!
Speeds Up My Daily Workflow
I tried to review SpeedDock previously but somehow the review never made its way to the App Store page - Be that as it may I wanted to try again as the App is working better than I had hoped and the level of support I’ve received is more than worthy of 5 Stars.
With the arrival of Mac OS Catalina and later Big Sur many of us have been mourning the loss of DragThing as a Dock replacement App, not to mention having a Trash Can on the desktop.
I searched the App store and sampled a few candidates but none of them matched the functionality I was used to – That is not until I found SpeedDock
Admittedly there were a couple of hiccups with the earlier version I initially installed, but an email to Support was answered within an hour or two along with a query as to what features I found most valuable in DragThing.
This has begun a back and forth dialogue wherein several of my suggestions & observations have been incorporated into updates to the SpeedDock App.
Quite a refreshing experience and not one most of us end users have enjoyed with many other software developers to be sure.
The bottom line is that SpeedDock speeds up my daily workflow, allowing me to easily switch between the groups of programs I need to use on a daily basis to handle the multitude of diverse tasks at hand.
Knowing the developers care about making SpeedDock better and being open to suggestions makes it all that much better!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 7.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2021 PlayShakespeare.com. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.