DragThing of the the future!
Been abandoned by other apps since you updated to macOS Catalina or Big Sur? Did you love DragThing, but are missing it? SpeedDock is the best utility for Mac.
• Create customizable docks for your desktop
• Docks can "float" anywhere on screen or be "fixed" to one edge
• Assign docks to different desktop spaces or monitors
• Add apps, folders, and files for easy shortcuts to your favorites (or even browser bookmarks)
• Resize icon size and spacing, show or hide item names, adjust dock transparency
• Organize your apps into tabs
• Display your docks in a menu bar icon
• Just control-click (or right-click) on dock folders to see their contents
• Display a dock with all open applications, including hidden processes and network volumes
• Assign hotkey shortcuts to dock items
• Customize icon sorting, size, and spacing
• Lock your docks to prevent accidental editing
• Display an indicator showing currently active applications
• Customize dock organization with spacers
• Create text-only docks with custom names
• Show the trash on the desktop—now it's easier to discard items or eject media
• Customize docks for different spaces and monitors
• Add sounds when you click dock items or tabs
• Auto show/hide your docks or use keyboard shortcuts to do it
SpeedDock makes accessing your most commonly used items a cinch!
Here's another update with some improvements and bug fixes!
• NEW! Choose a light or dark theme for your docks
• Improvements with multi-monitor setups
• General UI improvements and bug fixes
Did you miss the good stuff in our last release?
• NEW! Display your docks in a menu. You can now add an icon to your menu bar that gives you access to all your dock items.
• NEW! Assign keyboard shortcuts to show/hide your docks
• NEW! Show mounted volumes in the Open Applications dock
• NEW! Choose to only use hotkey shortcut when SpeedDock is in the foreground vs. when hidden
• Minor fixes and usability improvements
Keep your suggestions coming and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any issues or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Gets better and better
A worthy inheritor of Dragthing and its ilk. Speed dock started out promising and -- through excellent support and improvement -- has become quite wonderful.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for you feedback. There is an auto-hide option in the settings. As for switching desktops, can you please contact our support with more details of this request? email@example.com. Thanks!
Love this app. It mimics the functionality of the classic macOS version of the late, lamented DragThing. One thing I wish was the ability to customize each of the tabs with colors and textures. I hope that makes it in a future version.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! If you update to the latest version, hovering over items to see their names is already added to the app. As for your login issue, check the login items in your System Preferences or get in touch with our support to resolve this.
Great app with amazing support
I like to have tons of apps in the dock and the original dock was looking way to small. SpeedDock solved my problem allowing me to have more than one!
It works flawslesly.
And the best part: The developer, Ron, gave me amazing support, answering all my stupid questions with infinite patience.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 7.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2021 PlayShakespeare.com. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.