Sputnik! is an easy to use tool for predicting when the International Space Station will pass by your location or when a bright satellite will be visible in the skies above.
- Predictions of satellite and ISS sightings accurate to the second.
- Second by second countdown to the satellite sighting.
- Automatically keeps track of the correct universal time. No need to worry about whether your device clock is accurately set.
- Notification of upcoming satellite sightings even when the app is not running.
- Displays compass direction and elevation for your device to easily find the part of the sky where the sighting will occur (requires capable device).
- Rotate your device to landscape orientation to show exactly where the satellite will pass in the night sky.
- Share sightings via Twitter, Facebook, Mail, Messages and others.
- Automatic download of up to date satellite orbital data, even when the app is not running.
- Offline calculations, no need to be connected to the internet once orbital data has been downloaded.
- Input your location automatically by GPS, select from a map or enter coordinates manually.
- Save your favorite places for easy access.
- Audio cues for the last seconds before the satellite passes by.
Sputnik! on Apple Watch:
- Easily find the next and last sighting at your current location.
- Detailed notifications for upcoming sightings.
* Sputnik! is ad-supported *
- Fixed issues with Dark Mode affecting devices running iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've use this app to track and I radium player out of specific time while camping, took a whole group of friends down to the beach and do exactly the trajectory and direction to look at and everyone was amazed. I really appreciate the hard work of the app developer my only feedback would be optional push notifications for significant, impressive, magnitude 7+ events near me, preferably within a time window i.e. 4-10pm. Thanks!
Extremely useful App!
The Sputnik! app has proven invaluable for locating iridium flares! Our local astronomy club hosts public nights each Saturday from April to October at our club-owned observatory with the number of attendees sometimes exceeding 200 people so I use the Sputnik! app to locate iridium flares for the public to view while waiting for their turn at the eyepiece of one of our scopes! Many public "Wows!" have been realized by the use of this simple but effective app!
Awesome app. I use it a lot. One request.... I miss a lot of the events because I lose track of time. Could you add a button to set an alert/alarm a few minutes before that would come through the notifications screen or an actual alarm?
- Applicate Ltd
- 14.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Applicate Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Go Ad-Free $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.