Squeebles Number Bonds 4+
Maths for 5-10 Year Olds
Designed for iPad
Squeebles Number Bonds helps primary school children build their core mental arithmetic skills by answering number bonds questions across a variety of game modes. The app features a motivating reward system where Squeebles characters can be won for answering questions correctly, along with dragon eggs that can be hatched to reveal baby dragons (each with their own unique personality), once enough stars have been earned.
Why Number Bonds?
Number bonds can also be referred to as "number pairs" or "number families". A number bond is a pair of numbers that together make up a round number, such as 6 and 4 making 10; or 8 and 12 making 20. Working towards having an instant familiarity with these much-used number bonds is the basis for going on to work confidently with more complex or challenging maths problems involving larger numbers.
This app focuses on number bonds to 10, 20, 50, 100, 1000 and decimals to 1 that, in line with the UK National Curriculum, cover the different number bonds your child will be learning across their primary school years.
The app consists of four unique game modes with varying difficulty levels...
Drag numbered eggs onto a seesaw to balance the addition or subtraction questions.
Select as many pairs of numbers as you can in the time limit, in an ever-changing grid of colourful sliding blocks.
Lay numbered tiles across a river to make a bridge. The first number on each newly laid tile must form a number bond with the last number of the previous tile.
Answer as many number bond questions as you can within a one or three minute time limit.
- 28 Squeebles characters to win.
- 18 dragon eggs to earn and hatch into baby dragons.
- Each dragon egg can be hatched by sprinkling a different number of stars on it.
- Stars are earned by answering questions correctly.
- Each animated Squeeble and dragon has its own personality and unique stats.
- 5 of the dragons within the app were designed by our competition winners.
Parent / Teacher Features:
- A password-protected parent / teacher area allows adults to track progress and view stats for each child.
- All progress is stored on the device, so no internet connection or child passwords are required.
- Unlimited child accounts can be set up
- Overall stats and daily stats for each game can be viewed on a per-child basis, allowing you to get a clear idea of how each child is progressing over time
- Settings can be altered for each child, including the ability to lock certain number bonds, switch on or off the Open Dyslexic font, show or hide the countdown timer, and display text in UK or US English.
As with all our apps, Squeebles Number Bonds contains no in-app purchases, no subscription fees, no adverts and no links to the internet of any kind. This is a completely self-contained application.
If you have any suggestions, comments or questions, you can e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can, usually within 1 working day, often sooner.
Fixed a couple of minor bugs with the timer on one of the game modes and changed how rewards are won slightly.
Anything you'd like to see us add to any of our apps, let us know by e-mailing email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ian Knapp
- 108.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 - KeyStageFun / Tiny Spark Ideas Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.