Stagehand brings the Roscolux, GAM, Lee and Apollo swatch books together on your iOS device! Gels are viewable by their swatch book, or all together sorted by hue, letting you find the perfect color without worrying about manufacturer. Each gel is complete with manufacturer information including transmission and description as well as samples of neighboring colors in the swatch book.
The entire collection of gels in Stagehand is searchable not only by its name, number, and description, but also by color with the built-in color search that allows you to select a color from the color wheel and see the closest matches available to the selected color.
Stagehand is provided as a free reference for professionals and amateurs alike, and we hope you enjoy the app! Stagehand is already used hundreds of times a day and has been downloaded to over 20,000 devices since it launched 10 years ago!
Stagehand 2.1 brings a variety of updates and changes to improve the overall user experience, and make room for features that are in development, including:
• A new and refreshed background image now invokes memories of a certain light lab at a certain university in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
• A new way to find colors by provided the number of a color, like `R21` to see similar colors
• User interface tweaks for better compatibility with Dark Mode
• The flashlight mode now sets the display brightness to full while open, to better imitate the original colors
• Resolved an issue where the button to open the color picker during search was larger than intended
• Resolved a small handful of reported problems with colors to make information more accurate
Ratings and Reviews
Technical Theater Assist.
Being my 3rd year as a theater technician and having three backpacks for different jobs, be it lights, sound, or scenic equipment specific, getting a gel book out isn't always easy or safe, depending on your location. This app does give a general color tone that surprisingly matches 80/20, 80% correct and 20% that's close or not right at all. Offering the top industry gel manufacturers is a great feature to compare gels, though they vary less than 2-5% in hue mostly. For free it's a good reference to get a general idea, though I wouldn't bet my reputation on it, I still pack in 2-3 gel books into every one of my bags.
Doesn't work with new update
I really liked Stagehand before your update today. Opens and closes in 2 seconds! Please fix! iPhone 5S and iOS 7.1
Update: all got fixed! Fast and easy to use!
Developer Response ,
Glad you got this issue resolved! If you have any issues in the future, please feel free to contact us using our support form at https://patrickangletheatrical.com/support/ so that we can respond as quickly as possible to issues. Thanks for using Stagehand!
Keep this in your LD toolkit
I'm so thankful for this. Great for search terms and inspiring ideas. Have this handy when creating a lightning plot with conventional lights!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Patrick Angle
- 4.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Patrick Angle Theatrical, 2020 Rosco Laboratories Inc., 2020 Apollo Design Technology, 2020 Lee Filters Worldwide
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.