Use your iPhone's compass and gyroscope to find planets, constellations, satellites, and more with crisp, colorful, high-definition Retina graphics that use every pixel of your iPhone or iPad! Hold the universe in your pocket!
StarMap 3D Plus is the portable star atlas for beginners or advanced astronomers. Use StarMap 3D Plus to find the planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, galaxies, and nebulae visible to you based on your location and time. StarMap 3D will even use the compass to automatically align the map!
• Real-time positions of 150 artificial satellites, including the International Space Station (ISS), and the Hubble Space Telescope
• iPad Support
• Over 100,000 stars, with detailed information for each of them
• 6,441 deep sky objects, with details such as distance from Earth, diameter, apparent size and orientation, and morphology
• All 88 modern constellations, with lines based on the outlines from "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey
• MacRobert and Classic constellation lines also available
• Location-based-services (LBS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) support, or manually enter your longitude and latitude
• Adjustable date and time of day
• Also adjust time instantaneously and interactively with the Time Scroll feature
• Compass support, if present
• Planetarium Mode for seeing only objects visible to you, or browse the entire celestial sphere
• 3D Mode for visualizing the universe in three dimensions
• Fixed bug rendering smaller moons and minor planets
• Better compass & gyroscope tracking
• iMessage Stickers
• iPhone X Support
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I got the free version of this app I think about 4 years ago when I was outside one evening looking at the sky trying to win a bet with my wife about the Big Dipper and Little Dipper. It doesn’t matter who won the bet!😡 Anyway it was so awesome I purchased the full version right away. Now I use it to find out when their will be meteor showers, comets, satellites or even the International Space Station. I use the reminder function so The family doesn’t miss anything cool. Not only does it remind of events, it shows you where to look for the best chance of seeing meteors, it lists all the stars, constellations and planets. Plus, when viewing comets or satellites or other moving objects it will track them so you just hold up the phone and follow. We love this app, it is super fun, so much so that the kids don’t even know they’re learning. I would recommend this to anyone. The free version is fine but the premium is definitely with the few pennies it cost.
Constantly use your fine app to teach my son about the power and grandeur right above our heads, that all too often goes unnoticed/under-appreciated in this frantically stressed-out world of ours.
Your app is especially useful for noting when planets such as Jupiter will be visible for telescopic viewing, which in our low light-pollution neighborhood, usually allows for spectacular views of my 2nd favorite planet & her many moons.
Thanks again for all you do to make this super fun & educational app available for free.
My only suggestion would be to consider creating a section with links to video content such as noted astronomers & physicists discussing various cutting-edge astronomical & cosmological theories along with footage taken of various cosmological events such as planetary alignments & meteor showers visible to even amateur astronomers.
Add a section for uploading pics & vids sent by amateur astronomers like myself, and a chat section for sharing views on recent astronomical activity & a wide range of theories & discussions about the universe and our ultimate role as living sentient beings within the universe, would make the perfect compliment to the aforementioned professional discussion area and make your already stellar site (pun intended), just that much more ‘out of this world’ (oops...I did it again).
Something to remember
There is nothing that will make man look inside,,,like looking outside,,I think there there should be a hour window every night when “all”external light source were turned of so that you could see all that is,,I’m sure man would continue on his selfish fear based path,,but for some It would be life changing,,and it is possible to change the many,, when you change a few.
- Edward Sanville
- 283.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 Ed Sanville and Nick Cate
- In-App Purchases
- More Stars $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.