Use this app to monitor your Start.ca data usage. Take control of your usage monitoring with this powerful third-party usage monitoring utility.
This app sits in your menu bar at the top of your screen and updates its usage reading at an interval set by you. It also provides quick and easy access to daily usage breakdown, and detailed usage statistics.
• Monitor multiple Start Communications (Start.ca) connections all from one app
• Displays usage in the menu bar at the top of all your displays
• Shows you your remaining cap allowance
• Updates automatically at an interval you set (1-12 hours, or set it to never for manual updates only)
• Shows detailed usage summary
• View your usage as usage-by-day table
• Works even when away from your Start Communications connection
• Offers Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
The Start Usage Meter updates periodically (or you can manually request an update) and displays detailed information about your data usage on your home or business internet connection. A summary of your usage is also available in your OS X menu bar at the top of your screen.
After initial setup, the usage meter works even when away from your Start.ca connection. As always, the official Start.ca usage page data reading should be taken as the accurate reading over this app.
This update changes the default behaviour for update intervals and display settings. It also contains minor design enhancements.
• Default update interval increased to every 2 hours. This will not impact users who have explicitly selected a different update interval, and updating every hour remains a selectable option; however, 2 hours is now the default.
• All menu dropdown display options are now activated by default to provide the most information possible. This should not impact users who have explicitly disabled menu dropdown options, and users may return to the previous behaviour by opening the Preferences window.
• New icon to match the new design patterns in the latest macOS release.
• UI tweaks to improve clarity
• Now built using the latest macOS Catalina technology.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.