Now with the ability to choose a region of the country you want the games to focus on. Also a new add-on game for Electoral Votes just in time for the elections!
State the States™ is a fun, free and simple way for anyone to learn the 50 United States and Capitals. Do you have a states and capitals quiz you need to study for? The easy to use interface of State the States makes it perfect for kids and adults to learn and memorize all 50 states and capitals. Explore the zoom enabled map to learn where states are located or simply select a state or capital from the menu to highlight it on the interactive map of the United States. As you select a state, you can also see the state flags, state nickname, electoral votes and statehood date.
• NEW - Game mode allow you to pick a region of the county so you can learn each region of the states one at a time
• See each state shape clearly on U.S. map that can be zoomed in and out
• Explore the United States map by tapping on each state
• Learn the states name, capital, location of each state, date of statehood, state number, state flag & state nickname
• Learn the two letter state abbreviation as you study each state
• Practice mode, learn the 50 U.S.States and Capitals at your own pace!
• Zoom & pan the states map to see where each state is located
• Play the States Quiz Game to test your state shape knowledge
• Play the Capitals Quiz Game to test your capital names knowledge
• Play the State Abbreviations Game to test your two letter state abbreviation knowledge
• Two letter state abbreviations appear next to each state in the Learn tab
• See the State Number and Statehood date for each state in the Learn tab
• See State Population in the Lean View
• Stack up points as you test your knowledge of the states & capitals and earn medals!
• High score leader board for States Quiz, Capitals Quiz & Abbreviations Quiz
Need to learn how to spell each state and capital, State Flags too?
• State the States now includes in-app options for a State Spelling Game, Capital Spelling Game & State Flags Game.
• Hear the spoken state name or spoken capital name then try to spell it.
• State the States will help you with the spelling by highlighting incorrect letters.
• See each State Flag and then match it to the correct state.
Need to learn how many electoral vote each state has?
• State the States now includes in-app options Electoral Votes.
Share State the States & Capitals with your entire class using the tvOS version for Apple TV!
If you're looking for an easy, fun & free way to study and learn the 50 United States of America and their Capitals, Sate the States is the app for you!
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
THE FONT IS TOO SMALL and the beige is boring!
This is a good app to help both young and not-so-young people memorize the locations of states and their capitols, but there are 2 limiting issues. I will gladly give this app 5 stars when my children and I don’t have to rely so heavily on the iPad’s zoom function to read the text. The current font is unacceptably minuscule and it sits in a sea of perfectly usable blank space. Leave the background color white, but at a minimum, quadruple the size of the typeface, and make sure it is bold and black. The current scheme is just too hard to comfortably see for learners of every age. Younger children are accustomed a larger typeface in their books and school materials, and older children will appreciate not having to squint or zoom in constantly. Children (and adults) respond to bright colors and they are more likely to stick with the lesson longer if it is pleasing to their eyes, therefore, lose the beige and adopt an entirely appropriate patriotic color scheme. Show all of the unselected states a medium shade of gray, but when selected, light them up in vibrant shades of red and blue. This will make this app PERFECT!
Developer Response ,
😀 Thank you for your review of State the States! It's good to hear that State the States is fun for any age too! Regarding Florida, you should be able to pinch zoom the map to resize it, this will allow you to zoom and pan the map to get to the smaller states too. Thank you for your feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve the app!
This games is like a Mona Lisa of mobile apps. I have learned so much from this app. Before using this app i was a nobody. Now I am a god. This app is God’s way of communicating to us. If someone is reading this I recommend downloading this app. One day while I was browsing the App Store for any random game I saw this. I was drawn to it. The app sucked me into its glory and I pressed the get button. After I downloaded the game I felt a surge of energy rush through my body taking over turning me into a genius. All of a sudden I was transformed into something greater than the mind can imagine. I realized that my life was going to change for the better and that I was born again. When I opened the app I noticed the beauty that this app was. I immediately realized that I needed to purchase more to explore the fullness of this app. When I purchased it I noticed that I had grown taller and my muscles grew a lot. Suddenly I heard a hoard of people coming to congratulate me on getting this glorious app. I felt amazing and felt like a god. I really recommend getting this masterpiece of an app. Please get this and you will become a god like me. Now I will rate this app. 10/10 Masterpiece Amazing.
Developer Response ,
🤩 Wow! Thanks for the "Mona Lisa" of reviews! Thank you for your review of State the States! We are very happy to hear that learning the 50 states and capitals helped "...transform you into something greater..." Thanks!😂
Schools are NOT teaching geography like they used to and that is AWFUL because even the smartest kids are walking around not knowing a single thing about our country or any other country in the world!! Ask a 5 th grader, their state capitals and unless the parents taught them, they will look at you like: “We do not know have to know that!!” Whattt??? That is just SAD!!!! I love that the developers realize the importance of children really understanding geography! It does not have tons of material but it has enough for them to be able to study the states and capitals and where they are! My kids voluntarily go to this app to practice!! I remember having to memorize every state capitol and the correct spellings as well as having to point them out on a map! Same with other countries! This is no where in sight in any curriculums I have checked lately!! It is baffling!! Thank you sooo very much for creating something so useful and important!! What kind of future does this world have if the smartest people in the world do not know their geography?!??!! :) I encourage everyone to teach it to your kids if the school does not!!
Developer Response ,
👍🏼 Thank you for your review of State the States! We couldn't agree more, learning geography and knowing where each state is located is important! 😀
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ecom enterprises, inc.
- 67.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.5 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © ecom enterprises, inc.
- In-App Purchases
- States & Capitals Spelling $1.99