Stay Alive is a pocket suicide prevention resource for the UK, packed full of useful information and tools to help people stay safe in crisis. You can use it if you are having thoughts of suicide or if you are concerned about someone else who may be considering suicide.
Some of the app’s evidence-based features include:
• Find Help Now - Quick access to a large database of UK national and local crisis support, and online support services.
• LifeBox - A place to store life-affirming photos, videos, and audio.
• Safety Plan - A customisable plan that can be filled out by a person considering suicide.
• Wellness Plan - A place to store positive thoughts, inspiration, ideas.
• Reasons For Living - A place to keep statements reminding you why you should stay alive.
• Worried about Someone - Guidance and advice for those supporting others in crisis.
• Myths about Suicide – A place where common myths about suicide are debunked.
Stay Alive is a confidential app, free to access and does not contain any advertisements. Stay Alive is currently available in 14 languages: Bulgarian,
Danish, English, Finnish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, and Welsh.
Stay Alive is an award-winning app designed and developed by charity Grassroots Suicide Prevention, with clinical expertise provided by Sussex
Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. During development, extensive consultation took place on the content of the app through local focus groups of people with lived experience, a team of mental health professionals, along with an online survey with 300+ participants. Since launch the app has gone through numerous iterations, with ongoing developments in terms of functionality and user-interface, in response to user testing and feedback.
We aim to respond to all reviews within two weeks. If you have any questions or experience any issues with the app, please email us at app@prevent-
suicide.org.uk and we will endeavour to work quickly to resolve any problems as soon as possible.
All guidance and information within the app are reviewed and updated every 6 months to check all resources are updated and links are in working order. The app is fully compliant with GDPR and international data management standards.
• “Just downloaded and looked through your Stay Alive app which is excellent (I’m a GP putting together information resources to give out to patients who may be at risk of suicide). It’s really, really good and I’m so impressed, particularly by ability to add photos from camera roll.” - Dr Helen Ashdown.
• “This is the next best thing to a friend sitting with me, holding my hand when I am down and out.”- Dr Sangeeta Mahajan.
• “The Stay Alive app is a life saver. This is not just a turn of phrase, but it actually saves lives of those who have thoughts of suicide” – Ian Stringer.
- Split cookies policy into its own page.
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t find the words to express my sincerest gratitude to the developers of this app. Thank you strangers for keeping me safe when I wasn’t able to.
I love it!
Works very well in a crisis, just wish the resources out of Britain included America
Easy to navigate! Great content.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Grassroots Suicide Prevention
- 86.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Grassroots Suicide Prevention