Completely revamped for 2020, and now featuring Critical Alerts, StormWatch+ aspires to be your daily weather app of choice, no matter the weather! Access the most pertinent weather information - like current conditions, hourly and extended forecast, and local or national radar - quickly, then get on with your day!
Finally a weather forecast you can trust! Harnessing the local knowledge and dedication of more than 2,000 National Weather Service meteorologists nationwide, our goal is for StormWatch+ to replace the fickle computer-generated, single-icon forecast in many weather apps on as many devices as possible!
StormWatch+ Terms: https://app.stormwatchplus.com/terms
SW+ ALERTS IN-APP UPGRADE
For the ultimate severe weather preparation tool, check out our (also upgraded!) alerting technology, SW+ Alerts. SW+ Alerts is a life-saving service that sends you push notifications whenever hazardous weather threatens your specific location. Once again relying on the expertise of over 2,000 NWS meteorologists nationwide, SW+ Alerts compares multiple specific locations you select with weather watches and warnings issued by your local NWS office. Alerts are sent to the app ONLY if you are in the path of hazardous weather, eliminating the confusion associated with county-wide warning sirens or NOAA Weather Radio alerts. Simply tapping on a push alert will show your location with respect to the warning boundaries on a map, as well as display the full text of the alert. In addition, Critical Alerts “wake-me-up” audio and voice alerts will sound for the most severe warnings.^
In addition to monitoring fixed locations, the “EnRoute” feature allows you to receive severe weather alerts while on the go! Simply enable EnRoute and the app will track your location and alert you if you drive into a warned area, whether you know your exact location or not!
Features of StormWatch+ Alerts include:
* Your choice of push notifications in the event of:
- Tornado Watches and Warnings
- Severe Thunderstorm Watches and Warnings
- Flash Flood Watches and Warnings
- A suite of Tropical weather alerts
- A suite of Winter weather alerts
* Notifications sent even if the app is not running and your device is not in use
* Push notifications accompanied by audio alerts that will wake you up (for Tornado and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings)^
* Alerts for up to 5 fixed locations, which can be changed at any time
* EnRoute, which uses your device's GPS location to actively monitor for severe weather as you travel
* Map showing warned area and your location
* Quiet time – to temporarily stop alerts during a specified time of day
* Status buttons to disable individual locations
StormWatch+ provides personalized weather alerts in the palm of your hand!
^ NOTE: Audio alerts now feature Critical Alerts, which will sound wake-me-up audio at full volume and override Do Not Disturb for the most severe warnings, even if your device is silenced.
For additional information, visit www.stormwatchplus.com or follow us on Twitter @stormwatchplus
Questions for our support team can be directed to the "Contact Support" link within the app. Please contact us to resolve any issues before leaving a negative review. Customer service is priority #2, right behind providing an accurate, life-saving service!
• Resolved an issue where current conditions would not load when time in 24-hour mode
• Improvements in retrieving your location for current conditions and forecast information
• A blue dot on the map indicates the location for which you are receiving current conditions and forecast information
• Resolved an issue where the radar layer would appear beneath SPC Outlook layers
• Under-the-hood improvements in several areas
Ratings and Reviews
No ability to exit overlay choices on latest generation of iPads
It’s an ok app but needs some RAID to iron out the bug of the inability to exit overlay menu. I changed the choice of radar to SPC day one and I was unable to change the zoom level on the radar nor was I able to swipe down to get rid of overlay menu. It may be user induced, dunno as there wasn’t any directions on how to return back to the radar.
Also, not sure if a bug or it was intended, when I changed the overlay to SPC day one, it covered up the radar. I didn’t see a transparency option so I could see the radar echos within the day one map. I couldn’t access the radar to zoom out to see if it was me or a bug encountered in first paragraph.
As far as alerts, I get free alerts from Red Cross as well as a couple of free apps such as MyRadar app., I don’t see any reason to pay 12 bucks a month on something that is timely and free, and it should be free here.
Developer Response ,
You are able to exit the overlay menu simply by tapping anywhere outside the menu on the main screen. We are also going to work to address the issue of the SPC layers obscuring the radar. As for free alerts, Red Cross is good. Most apps that are free for this service are either selling your data on the back end or requiring you view ads. We do neither and have monthly expenses to keep the alerts flowing. Our charge is $1/ mo, not $12, or you may purchase one year at a 25% discount. We'd be glad to address any other concerns via the "Contact Us" link in the app. Bottom line: you'll see we offer more customizable features in the alerting than any other app out there, we protect your privacy and have NO ads, and in our opinion the cost is a bargain given the service we provide. Thanks for giving us a try!
Stopped loading my local info
A few days ago it quit loading info for my location/address. Icon just spins. My settings are on and the same as previously when it worked.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we have built the app to use the forecasts and current conditions provided by the National Weather Service, the official source of forecasts for the nation. Unfortunately, their data feeds leave something to be desired and often do not return values to us to display. We are actively working on a way around that and, in fact, will have a fix in place in the next update due out this week. We encourage you to try it out when it is released and re-visit your review. We can also be reached via "Contact Us" in the app. Expect a prompt reply!
Great App for VERY accurate info
Reading through some of the one to three star reviews it seems everyone’s complaint is having to pay for this app. The quality of the app is very good, the weather radar wherever you are is awesome (and has saved me multiple times), and I’m okay paying for that quality. If you want something free, this won’t be as amazing as what those paying for it get so align your expectations before downloading.
NashSevereWeather directed me here after our last tornado and I’m glad they did.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cirrus Weather Solutions, LLC
- 69.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Cirrus Weather Solutions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- SW+ Alerts (1 Month) $0.99
- SW+ Alerts (1 Year) $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.