Story Planner is an easy-to-use and yet powerful tool for plotting novels, screenplays, and any fiction story.
It works great for writers, screenwriters, producers, directors, RPG masters … All kinds of storytellers! And it offers quick and intuitive story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
No matter if you are a professional writer or just starting. With Story Planner, outlining will be the easiest, fastest, and most fun part of your writing process.
NOVEL & SCREENPLAY ORGANIZER
• Create custom projects to plan fictional stories
• Organize projects by tags
• Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way
• Take notes of your ideas within each project
• Easily switch between the different parts of your project
OUTLINE ALL YOUR STORIES
• Get all the elements of your stories linked to each other
• Create detailed characters and locations
• Add images to make a more complete profile
• Organize the plot lines of your stories and assign them a color
• Divide your structure into acts, parts, chapters, or episodes
• Develop the structure scene by scene
• Write your scenes in any order and reorganize later with Drag & Drop
• Track different threads using plot colors and tags
• Assign tags to any element in the story for a better organization
• Quick search and filter tool
• Split-View on your iPad
• Multiple windows on your Mac
• Keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity on your Mac and iPad
• Look over the whole structure with the Revision Mode
• Check the stats to better understand how your story works
• Set goals and track your progress
• Configure the widgets to see the progress bar on your home screen (on iOS)
• Turn on the info buttons to learn more about the parts of the planning and creative process
• Light and dark modes
• Set your favorite color theme
SAFETY & PRIVACY
• Story Planner is private: We cannot see your projects, in any case
• Protection by code or Face/Touch ID
• Automatic backups
• Sync your projects via iCloud and access them on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone (iOS and macOS versions available separately)
EXPORT YOUR WORK
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Choose the parts of your project you want to export
• Choose the appearance of the exported files
• Print or create PDF files
• Export to Word
• Export to Scrivener 2 and 3
• Export to Final Draft
• Export to Ulysses (with the Word files option)
ONE PRICE ONLY
• Story Planner does NOT include in-app purchases
• When you buy the app, you have access to all features
• We won't bother you with in-app subscriptions, ever
• Universal for iPad and iPhone.
• macOS version available separately
You can check our Youtube Channel to watch Story Planner in action. You can also visit our website for more information or contact us via email or Twitter. We are always happy to assist you.
• Youtube Channel: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp
• Website: www.storyplanner.app
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Twitter: @StoryPlannerApp
We put thousands of hours into developing and improving Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews and always consider your suggestions, so don't hesitate to write to us if you have any thoughts on improving the app. And if you enjoy using Story Planner, please take a minute to leave us a review. Thank you! :)
- New section for Notes, filtered by tags, within each project.
- Outline View Mode to review the whole structure of your story.
- Complete redesign of the export tool. Now you can choose the appearance of the exported files and the parts of the project that you want to export.
- New settings section within each project, to choose the fields you want to show or hide. You can also select the structure division for each project: Acts, episodes, chapters, or parts.
- New filter option in the search tool for the list of scenes. Now you can filter scenes by completed or not completed.
- Small design changes and several minor bugs fixed.
We hope you enjoy this update. If we made Story Planner a little better for you, we’d really appreciate a rating or even a review in the store! They help us immensely.
Youtube Channel: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp
Ratings and Reviews
I started using the application on my phone to record story ideas as they come to me throughout my day's events. I went ahead and purchased the app for my computer as when I realized the sync feature good save me a lot of time transferring the information from my phone to my computer. With the exception of a small glitch regarding multiple windows opening ( doesn't affect the function whatsoever, mainly just an annoyance) the app is amazing and super convenient. they contact me within 24 hours of reporting the glitch with a solution awesome customer service. if you're serious writer save yourself from disorganized pen and paper notes and get this app well worth the small investment to stay organized and refer back to ideas you didn't have time to follow up on originally. :)
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your comment. It is really appreciated. :) Happy writing!
NOTE This will only communicate with Scrivener if you have paid for the version 3 update!!
I write with Scrivener, and part of the reason I purchased this software was because you can export your project directly into Scrivener. I created an outline with Story Planner and enjoyed a lot of the features. However, when I went to export, it gave me options for Scrivener 2 (what I currently run) and Scrivener 3 (a paid update of that software, which I do not have). I created a Scrivener 2 export, which then wouldn't work in my version of Scrivener. I understand this issue is related to Scrivener's functionality as well. Instead I tried to export my outline as an RTF and just import that into Scrivener, but the export only shows previews of text, so it was basically useless- my details about what I wanted to happen in a scene cut off after the first two lines!! Instead I had to dual screen and then copy/ paste from one program to another, which was time consuming and not was I was expecting when I paid for this program.
Bottom line- I enjoyed creating an outline using this software, but it stopped being easy to use as soon as I wanted to actually use that outline to write in another program. There is basically NO information about actually exporting your project on their site (a blurb paragraph). Their website doesn't have as much info as I'd like, and as an annoying large number of glaring typos, considering it's a software for writers.
Great App / Great Developer
If you are a creative writer, this is a fantastic tool to have in your writing toolkit! Even if you think you don't need it, you should take some time to consider its features and benefits. As a screenwriter, I find it is excellent for helping me outline solid stories with rich and well developed plots and characters. It goes beyond just “fill in the blanks” and encourages you to consider the “why” behind your creative choices. This app can save you countless hours of rewrites by helping you lay a solid foundation to build your story on.
The app is reasonably priced and as an added bonus, the developer is also extremely responsive. When the new version 5 was released I reported several bugs I encountered and they quickly addressed the issues and asked further questions for clarification. They seemed genuinely grateful for the feedback I gave and within a week or so the issues were fixed.
Story Planner is an essential part of my creative writing process and I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a tool to assist them with story development.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bartolome Masco Lopez
- 6.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018, Literautas
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.