Story Planner is a focused, flexible app to outline all kind of stories. Used by writers, screenwriters, producers, directors and all kind of story tellers, Story Planner has quick and easy-to-use story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
*SET IT YOUR WAY*
- Configure Story Planner to make it fit your writing and stories. Organize your characters, locations and plots, and build your scenes step by step, always with your own style. Outlining will be the easiest, fastest and most fun part of your writing process.
- Create as many writing projects as you wish and organize it with tags
- Open several windows on your iPad and edit different parts of your project, or different projects at the same time.
- Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way
- Create detailed characters profiles, locations and plot lines for your stories. Add photos to have a more complete profile
- Create the scenes for your story and arrange them by dragging and dropping them into place
- Quickly create all the elements of the story from within the scene card itself
- Check your story stats to see your whole story at a glance
- Choose dark or light mode to make writing more comfortable. You can also change the language, font size... Story Planner adapts to you and the way you prefer to work
*YOUR PROJECTS EVERYWHERE*
- Sync your projects between Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Projects sync via iCloud, not our servers
- Multiple export options including Scrivener, Final Draft, pdf, rtf and txt (export options does not require subscription. Always available!)
- Automatic backups so that your projects are always safe
- A single in-app subscription works across all your devices
*YOUR PROJECTS, NOT OURS*
- Story Planner is absolutely private: We cannot see your projects, in any case!
- You can always access to your projects, even if you are not paying a subscription
- Backup and restore all notes with just a couple taps
Story Planner is a membership service with a free trial. Download the app free to try it out without restriction or registration (you won’t be charged when the trial ends). After the trial period you can choose to purchase a membership which allows unlimited use across all of your devices.
###You can always access to your projects, even if you are not paying a subscription!###
$1.49 monthly, $9.99 annually (save 44%)
All plans unlock the app on Mac, iPhone and iPad, and feature full synchronization.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Please visit storyplanner.app for more information. You can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @StoryPlannerApp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
We have put thousands of hours into creating Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews. If you enjoy using Story Planner please take a minute to leave us a nice review, thank you! :)
· As you probably know, we went to a subscription model with version 5.0. We thought it would be a good way to help us keep improving the app. However, you let us know that you didn’t like this model, so we decided to go back to the previous model. It seems we were wrong and so Story Planner is a one-time price app again. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
For more information about this change, please read our FAQ: https://storyplanner.app/faq/
· Fixed a bug whereby the keyboard didn’t hide in the project tabs when you changed from one tab to another.
If you want contact us, please write to email@example.com. Thanks and happy outlining!
Ratings and Reviews
A must-have for any writer
I can’t believe this app is free! I have spent money on apps that are less helpful than this. The app allows you to record different details about characters and locations, and even provides a helpful guide explaining different types of characters, scenes, etc. No more searching through what I’ve already written to find out a character’s eye color.
You can tie it all together by adding scenes. I especially found the chronological timeline helpful, which helps you keep track of when your scenes are occurring. You can also record other details including the characters, locations, and type of scene. The statistics are not necessary but I do enjoy looking at my top five characters and locations.
TL;DR - Absolutely necessary for any writer. My whole writing process would not be the same without it.
A quick reference outline that keeps excess paper and computer boot ups out of the way
Although I have already created an outline via Microsoft, I immediately inputted that info into this app. It gives me quick access to all notes I need so that I can continue to work on my writing without having to search for hand written notes or toggle back and forth between windows and files on the same computer I’m using to type. It was well worth the small amount of money it costs. If I could rate the app higher I would. Some may like conventional methods (I still use pen and paper when an idea comes to me and I need to jot it down fast), however, the ease of mind knowing where and how easy it is to access information that is critical to your creative work is a godsend.
This app is pretty good! But some thoughts for improvement...
So, I have found the app to be very useful. I like a lot of the features it has, particularly with creating plots with different colors and the statistics. I also love the drag and drop feature for rearranging scenes. In general, this app has a lot of good ideas.
However, I think there are a few features that would really make this app a five for me.
-When I am adding a scene card, I notice that unless I click the down arrow at the bottom left corner of the interface, I can’t scroll. I’ve found that exceedingly frustrating.
-It would be really nice if the “Acts” were collapsable. I have a lot of scenes per act, since I’m using this for story outlining. So, it’d making the interface easier to use if this was a feature.
-Along the same lines as the above, I think it’d be nice if I could choose different layouts for the scene cards. For instance, if there was a compact view where you only see the scene titles. Or a view where you could see the scene cards as cards in along a timeline. I’ve just found myself scrolling and scrolling to find what I’m looking for. When you have a lot of scene cards, it gets cumbersome to rearrange them when you are scrolling and scrolling just to find them.
I hope your team will consider some improvements!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.