Storyist is a powerful writing environment for novelists and screenwriters.
“I have now written three novels using Storyist and it has proven itself invaluable to me.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few clicks.
• Create print-ready PDFs that are suitable for online distribution or printing with a professional printing service.
• Create ePub and Kindle editions of your work for online distribution.
Features at a Glance
• Word processor with support comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Virtual cork board with support for color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Imports and exports RTF, Plain Text, Word, Scrivener, Fountain, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Exports ePub, Kindle, and PDF.
• Works great with Storyist for iOS, so you can create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
Download Storyist 4 and try it for free for 14 days!
After the trial, you can continue to use the app to read documents for free, or you can unlock the editing features via an in-app purchase. Upgrade pricing is available to customers who purchased Storyist 3 from the Mac App Store. No subscription required.
* Support for macOS 12.
* Addresses an issue in macOS 11.5.1 and later that could cause Storyist to crash after editing a story sheet.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent product. I'd like to have edts in different colors of the mauin text, in order to track them.
I don't just use Storyist, I'm a fan
There's a lot I can say about Storyist. I have tried a lot of story organization tools and software in the past. Some softwares gave me more features as an option but over time proved to be useless and unstable. This is what makes Storyist different because it thrives in its minimalism. As a working writing needing to get down to the actual business of writing, Storyist simplicity in design is what gets to actual work moving because I'm not being hindered by unstablity. Syncing between all my devices with whatever cloud service I choose is high on my prority list and Storyist does it perfectly.
Great for writing
I have used Storyist for 5 years now. It's so simple to learn and while it has all the same features as "the other guy's" it doesn't have those same features constantly in your field of vision. And best of all is storyist's promp responses from the customer service team when you get stuck and need help figuring something out. Highly recommend this for anyone wanting to write any size projets and keep it organized! It's actually easier to learn then "Word."
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Storyist Software
- 17.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Storyist Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial $0.00
- Storyist 4 Standard $59.99
- Storyist 4 Upgrade $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.