One of SEGA’s all-time greats, Streets of Rage is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover this ground-breaking beat-‘em up.
Three cops, a city on the edge, and a crime lord known only as Mr. X – welcome to one of the all-time SEGA greats. Arm yourself with knives, bottles, and drainpipes and battle through eight thug-infested urban environments to bring order to the city. Relentless, explosive, and addictive as hell – Streets of Rage is the grand-daddy of beat-‘em-ups!
Streets of Rage joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought back to life on mobile!
– Three playable characters, each with their own strengths and killer combos!
– Eight rounds of fast-paced brawling action!
– Local Wi-Fi multiplayer support to help you best the bosses!
– A devastating, rocket-propelled special attack from the ESWAT team!
– Times too tough? Get extra continues and special attacks via rewarded ads!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
– PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
– SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
– LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
– HAPTIC SUPPORT – get into the game with responsive button presses
– CONTROLLER SUPPORT – MFi compatible controllers
"Streets of Rage will knock you out!" [96%] - Doctor Dave, GamePro #27 (October 1991)
"I almost wet myself and called the police when we first plugged in the Streets of Rage cart." [93%] - Frank O'Connor, Computer & Video Games #119 (October 1991)
"There can be little doubt that Streets of Rage is the finest beat-'em-up ever to grace the Mega Drive." [885/1000] - Gary Whitta, ACE #50 (November 1991)
STREETS OF RAGE TRIVIA
– The Streets of Rage series goes by the name Bare Knuckle in Japan
– Streets of Rage was also released in arcades via the Mega-Tech and Mega Play boards
– Comic book legend Mark Millar penned two Streets of Rage comic strips for Sonic the Comic!
– There's an alternate ending to discover... can you find it?
STREETS OF RAGE HISTORY
– The game was originally released in 1991
– Developed by: SEGA
– Designers: Noriyoshi Ohba, Hiroaki Chino
– Lead Composer: Yuzo Koshiro
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Streets of Rage, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have always loved this game since it originally came out back in the early 90’s. I thought it was my phone but it actually is just the game itself. On each player for some reason I can not use the “power” button which usually is “A”, but for the “Adam” character it’s “B”. I really appreciate the creators making this I have been looking for this game for years and getting a Sega system just isn’t in question considering that I’ve tried that and all it’s done is waste my money. Hopefully this review makes it to whomever it needs to get to so they can fix it ASAP. It’s 2020 and with the coronavirus outbreak and having to be at home I would really love to play this game with no problems!
I don’t know how it feels to play the game with ads, because I was one of those who had originally purchased it, but if it’s anything like Sonic CD, XD then it’s probably pretty annoying. I guess you have to make money somehow, so I’m not really bugged by that. I don’t know if you can look at my email and see that I already sent you a my long review through the app, but I’ll simplify it for you guys and explain why I haven’t given this game a 5-star rating like it deserves. So I’m glad I’m not the only one! I see that the controls are a problem for all of us! If we could have the freedom to move them and make the controls transparent and put the game in full screen, that’d be perfect. Another thing, it’s not too big of a problem, but there’s some lag in the audio that absolutely ruins the music which is such an important part in SOR. I’ve already sent you a review through the app under the name of *ahem* PoptartSlayerXD.... anyway, please fix those SEGA and I’ll be eager to give this game my first 5-star rating!! 🙂
-Always Remember: SEGA does what Nintendon’t!!!
Wonderful Game, But...
Wonderful Game, but where are the other two Bare Knuckles? In my opinion, this was the worst one, 2 was the best, and 3 got close to 2. Don’t get me wrong this is an extremely fun game, but I miss the other two. A lot of people say there are too many ads, but most are 5 seconds, so I don’t see the problem. The controls are great, the graphics are wonderful, (though they weren’t going for the best graphics ever) and it is super addictive and fun. That’s why I give this a 5 stars. I recommend this game. SEGA, PLEASE ADD THE OTHER GAMES!!! Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback! I've forwarded this to the developers, who will be reviewing suggestions and problems players experience to help them plan future updates. If you would like to share any additional feedback please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sega America
- 146.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and STREETS OF RAGE are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.