This is the full featured Stryd iOS app, capable of:
• Week, month, and year graphs to analyze your training
• Second-by-second graphs and data analytics to analyze your workouts
• An easy to find history of all of your runs
• Log indoor and outdoor runs
• Update device firmware and upload offline data
Note that, Stryd uses GPS in the background to track your running distance and pace, and continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. Stryd also integrates with the Health app in order to get access to the heart rate data from Apple Watch.
—— New in Stryd 5.9 ——
• Add upcoming events to your calendar
• Set power or time goals for upcoming races or time trials
• Get accurate race predictions based on recent training data
—— Improved/Fixed in Stryd 5.9 ——
• Adds "Time Trial" run type
• Current day in Calendar view is now highlighted
• Increases maximum distance limit when adding/editing shoe
• Fixes issue where low battery notification would incorrectly display
—— Improved/Fixed in Stryd 5.9 [Apple Watch] ——
• Adds Average Power to the new lap screen
• Elevation profile can be viewed for completed runs
• Unit preference is now always used for structured workouts
• Adds timer to structured workout intervals without durations
• Any structured workout interval can now be skipped
• Post-run Discard/Save/Finish buttons are now a single Done button
• RSS will now be properly calculated if you pause in-between intervals
• Calibration is now shown as X.XXX
• Alert haptics are more distinguishable
• Allows indoor mode for structured workouts
• Changes indoor mode incline setting to be 0.5% precision
• Prompts before doing an indoor run
—— Improved/Fixed in Stryd 5.9.5 ——
• Fixes issue where heart rate might not be recorded on Apple Watch
• Improves Apple Health integration when saving a workout
• Critical power chart now shows last 6 months
• Simplifies main settings screen
• Fixes issue where loading indicator could get stuck on Profile
• Fixes issue where runs could appear on wrong day on Profile graphs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
6 Months In
It took a few weeks to nail the calibration down. After calibrating, my Stryd was very accurate on measured trails. That alone is worth the purchase of the stryd pod.
I had never run with power before but was open minded to the change. The auto calculated power zones do seem to fit me. I have never been an even paced runner and this has helped me out a lot with being accurate and precise during easy/long runs and workouts.
I don’t use the iPhone app much. Only to name each run and to get them uploaded from my Apple Watch. I mostly use the web platform because it has more information available from each run.
The Apple Watch app is what I use as a display and it meets all my needs. I loved the Training Peaks workout download integration and used it extensively in the free trial. Since that ran out I just use the Stryd Apple Watch app. If I want to do workouts I’ll set the lap distance to what ever interval distance I want and set the power target to provide haptic response when I’m out of my power zone. Then I’ll use the manual lap function to begin a new interval after resting. The part that needs improvement is the audio feedback for the Apple Watch app. The chimes just aren’t that good.
Stryd support is fantastic. They push updates frequently to get the bugs out. Battery life is also a huge plus for the stryd pod.
Auto calculate doesn’t seem to be working
I have auto calculate enabled, but my critical power doesn’t appear to be recalculating. I have the same number from the day I enabled it, which is fine, but it says it hasn’t updated since then either. If it is auto calculating and getting the same crit power number that’s fine, but I’d like to see that it is actually incorporating my latest runs.
Developer Response ,
When auto-calculate is enabled, Critical Power is recalculated after every run. However, as you’ve noticed, your Critical Power night not change even when it’s recalculated. All of your recent runs are part of your CP calculation, though, even runs after your CP was last updated.
If you have other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for being a Stryd runner!
Transformed this old man’s running
At 54, I needed a new approach to maintaining my zeal for middle-distance running beyond pace and HR Zones. Stryd’s power based approach has completely re-energized me. One number encompassing total output has optimized my training across short, long, interval, hill, and other runs. A fantastic Apple Watch app, iPhone app, and incredibly responsive customer service, make Stryd a must have for any runner. But wait... there’s more. Two weeks of battery life between charges! The new Stryd also takes wind resistance into account when running, whether the wind’s at your back or blowing into your face. Amazing and useful tech.
- Athlete Architect LLC
- 119.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Stryd, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.