studiomux streams Audio, Midi and OSC via the simple USB cable and completely integrates iOS into your music production environment.
Use your music apps just like you would use any other plug-ins. Use Midi controllers connected to your Mac or PC to control apps running on iOS. Or send OSC messages to compatible software. All via the standard USB cable, reliably at a low latency. Sync your musical Apps on multiple iOS devices with the gorgeous new sync tool Ableton Link.
- stream audio from your iDevices to your Mac or Windows PC.
- VST & AU support make it extremely easy to integrate iOS apps directly into your DAW.
- stream from/to and between multiple devices at once, while using up to 8 seperate stereo channels per device.
- IAA, AU v3 & Audiobus integration ensures immediate compatibility with countless iOS music Apps.
- IAA & AU v3 & AB Mixer with controls for Volume, Mute & Monitor.
- Send channels to easily route apps & effects.
- Apps that allow IAA Midi Note-input can be used without any other Midi-setup - exactly like any other instrument VST.
- sync IAA Apps via Ableton link, internal or external clock
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac/Pc.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac/Pc or other iDevices.
- connect several iOS devices to the Mac/Pc - and send MIDI data between them.
- control OSC capable Software on Mac/Pc with one of many available OSC apps.
- send OSC data between iDevices and Mac/Pc
- forward as many ports as you need, and treat iOS apps as if they would run directly on the same system.
iOS 9.3 and up
OSX 10.10 and up
Windows 10 (requires iTunes) and up
studiomux needs a small helper app installed on the Mac or PC - please download it from our webpage:
visit us our forum for support
fixed bug, that caused AUv3 units to crash when channel was switched
Ratings and Reviews
Works when running in foreground but quits when running in background
I wanted the midi mix function for Lemur to enable all 8 midi ports. Works well when running on the side or split screen but I need all the iPad surface for my Lemur templates. To keep studiomux running I must surrender 20% of my iPad work surface. I wish they had the midi mix version still available because it was much lighter and would run better in the background and I would not have to surrender so much of my screen surface which I need for Lemur. I would have given 4 or 5 stars otherwise.
This is a great app and I’m going to rate it at five stars because of this unique function of being able to use iOS plugins inside Ableton on windows, however, there is one issue. When I switch iOS instruments without closing all apps this will result in ableton crashing and everything gets wonky until all apps are rebooted. Would be great if this is something that can be fixed! Thanks
Would be great if it worked.
This is the only option I’ve found to route audio and midi from iPad to iMac but it crashes whenever there is an audio app running and you switch apps to something else.
I’d pay 50 bucks or more if this would just work or the dev put more work into it.
Giving two stars because it works flawlessly, if I don’t switch apps after opening it. It *has* to do with some interaction with the audio apps and studiomux as I can change other apps all day and go back to a working studiomux if there are no audio applications. example, NodeBeat and nave both cause it to crash, but exit those and try restarting studiomux then switching apps: it doesn’t crash. Also, it crashes immediately when you switch apps meaning I think it isn’t handling app suspension correctly.
Please dev, I beg you to fix this issue 🙏🙏
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Blomert
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Christian Blomert
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.