touchAble Pro makes it easy to produce and perform music in Ableton Live by putting everything you need directly at your fingertips.
Eight years ago touchAble defined what a touch controller app for Live could do. touchAble Pro has been reimagined and recoded from the ground up, incorporating years of feedback from musicians at every level.
touchAble Pro provides a cleaner interface, allows much more powerful customisation and gives you the deepest access possible to Ableton Live.
From waveform views to editors to automations - with touchAble Pro, you now have the complete Ableton Live experience literally at your fingertips. You can perform and edit without ever touching a mouse, you can customize your experience to access exactly the controls you need to edit or play. You’ll gain complete control that’s as portable as the smartphone, tablet or laptop you’re carrying with you.
- Audio clip view with waveforms, including side-by-side waveform view
- Edit patterns easier and faster than ever with the new piano roll view
- Draw and edit Clip-Automations
- Templates for Live devices are now included at no added cost
- Create your own custom Device Templates for M4L or Live Devices, VSTs & AUs
- Access a tracks I/O right from the app.
- Make your own Device templates, with complete support for third-party plug-ins and Max for Live (IAP - soon to come)
- Build your own complete custom layouts with the overhauled Template Editor
- Make performance-friendly templates that include focus on individual clips and scenes, custom controls and even full modules.
- New layout options: view modules fullscreen or duplicate them side by side
- For iPhone & iPad (Universal)
touchAble lets you access all of Ableton Live via simple, robust connections, either wired or wireless, and provides access to nearly every aspect of the software. touchAble Pro builds on that support with an updated interface for all of the features that made touchAble popular:
- Control the transport, metronome, cues, and quantization
- Trigger clips and scenes and control looping
- Arm, mute, and solo tracks
- Adjust monitoring
- Mix, pan, crossfade, and control sends and returns
- Play instruments with grid or piano-style layouts, with scales, note repeat, aftertouch, and velocity (based on finger position)
- Control device parameters, using faders or assignable X/Y pad modules
- X/Y Pad: assign physics, make and morph snapshots or even record full gestures
- Navigate Live’s Browser, and drag and drop Devices and samples
Please find the Server and installation instructions on
Requires iOS 9.3
Requires the latest version of Ableton Live 9 or 10
Introduction: https://youtu.be/H6EnpjfztNw (Youtube)
Features: https://youtu.be/R4_GRVPbDn8 (Youtube)
Multiplatform demo: https://youtu.be/-NPXlJcyELY (Youtube)
fixed issue, when pads assigned to track 1 do not pupulate their names
fixed velocity issue in clip
added lock modules option
added long tap option for side-/topbar folding
added variable pad size option 4/16/64
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t lose hope yet
I seemed to have had a familiar experience with a lot of previous reviews: it stopped working. After a lot of trial and error and frustrating nights I figured out steps to make it work. I found you need to:
-instal the v.1567 computer script (delete the one you have already) and follow the installation directions
-keep this app and iPad to date
-make sure your iPad and computer are on the same wifi network
-launch Ableton *before* launching touchable (also, close touchable first before closing Ableton)
But I seem to do all that and haven’t had trouble since
I’m giving it three stars since, while I resolved the issue, it shouldn't be this frustrating to figure out how to make it work under specific conditions. But the big compensation was the functionality of the modular midi cc control panels alone, which is going to be very useful
So I’ve read all the good reviews and the bad reviews, but after a year or so of using TouchAble Pro on both iPad and a Microsoft Surface, I must say that this app is a fantastic control surface for Ableton Live.
I have had some slowdowns a few times related to configuration, but I’m always able to go back to the manual and get it figured out.
A few tips on configuration -
- Download the Server Application (for your computer) at the same time as you download/update the app, and the version will be the same.
- Then, TURN OFF automatic app updates (every time the app updates you’ll need to download the latest server application version so they match.
- Otherwise, just make sure you read and follow along with the manual (on the ZeroDebug website) and you should be good to go.
Really, if you have an iPad already and use Ableton, this is an amazing investment. I use 2 TouchAble’s in combination with a Push 2 and it’s awesome. Thank you ZeroDebug for such an awesome app.
Also this works great for me with Live 11, if anyone is wondering.
I’ve been using this app for a couple of weeks now and let me tell you this app is a game changer. I was tentative at first due to some of the negative reviews posted, but I have had no issues (simply downloaded the latest version and followed the instructions). I’m using this on an iPad Pro with Ableton Live 10.1 and can’t say enough good things about this product.
You can tell a lot of love went into the design and build of this app and I want to thank the team for building this. This is a must-have for Ableton users. Thank you Zerodebug team!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Blomert
- 50.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Christian Blomert
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.