Sugarmate is a companion app for users of the Dexcom G4/G5/G6 continuous glucose monitoring system. It works great for both the CGM wearer or follower.
Why use Sugarmate with your CGM?
Peace of Mind
- Automatically text message family and friends (with GPS coordinates) when glucose levels get urgently low (Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life)
- Receive a phone call when glucose levels go below normal while you're sleeping (even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode)
- Steady Above Normal, Predictive High, and Predictive Low notifications with customizable alert sounds
- Over 30 customizable tiles, including a mini-graph and other stats such as time in range, GMI (& est. A1c), bedtime/wake averages, unicorn counts, % in range/low/high, total insulin, total carbs, and many more
- Daily stats
- Generate and email spreadsheet reports with graphs, stats and all readings, activity and notes
- Display readings continuously on your watch, or even in your car (using Sugarmate's calendar functionality)
- Real-time syncing across all of your devices, including the Sugarmate Mac and web apps
- Today Widget with real time stats and graphs for your lockscreen
- Siri Shortcuts: just say "what's my sugar", "add insulin", "lookup food" and more
- Built-in nutritional food lookup, with voice recognition, food imagery, and barcode scanning
- An infinitely scrolling history of all of your sugar levels and activity. Pinch to zoom, or rotate your phone to enlarge
- Apple Health: two-way syncing, plus automatically creates walk/jog/run events based on your steps
- Offline saving so you can still log while out of service
- Easy setup: follow the instructions to add Sugarmate as a Follower (using only one Follow slot for everyone)
- Themes: make the app more personal by picking your own color scheme
- Multi-user support: manage 2+ people's sugar levels on one phone or Apple Watch
The Sugarmate Platform is not intended to modify data received from the continuous glucose monitor system. Nor is it intended to instruct, or to transmit information to the continuous glucose monitor system.
The Sugarmate Platform is not intended to serve as a replacement for a primary display device for a continuous glucose monitoring system.
Dosing decisions should not be made based on this device. The user should follow instructions on the continuous glucose monitoring system. This device is not intended to replace self-monitoring practices as advised by a physician.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with Dexcom.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with the Nightscout Project.
- New Siri shortcuts- save carbs, insulin, medication or exercise without opening the app
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I don’t like to ask my independent type 1 diabetic kid if she’s given herself insulin. (She was diagnosed 13 years ago.) With this app, I don’t have to. I can see everything she has input into it. I see an ongoing graph, any activity she has programmed in on the graph (like insulin, activity, food). So now, if I ask, she either didn’t do it or didn’t log it and we can talk about what her numbers did because of that. We have also synced it with her Apple Watch, her phone, my husband’s and my phone, Alexa, and it’s a widget on our phones to see at a glance. She now has 3 apps on her phone. Dexcom G6, with Sugarmate following it, and Dexcom Clarity to send info to the dr. On our phones, we just have SugarMate. There are so many cool tiles to see trending. There are so many options available, I’d like to see if there is a way to walk step by step through the options to see if I’m using them to the best of my ability. (For that matter, I’ve created training manuals with a job before and I’d happily help create a tutorial for it.) The app is so good, the support is so good. The only thing I see missing is getting that info out to the public. People would be flocking to buy it if they realized how good it was!
Dexcom should learn from this app...
This is my first review of ANY tool or software for the iPhone. I am 1 month new to the Dexcom G5 and am sick of the Dexcom support team or lack there of (too many UNDESIRED FEATURES in Dexcom tools and phone only based tech support)! This free tool fills almost every hole left by Dexcom. The only bad comment I can make is it doesn’t use your old Health data so you have to use the tool so long term stats make sense. The free tool has easy to use food (carbs!) look-up that has really helped me level out my undulations....
Heck even the prediction prevented me from spiking low a couple times now (totally missed by Dexcom!)....
This tool is a must **companion tool** for anyone with a Dexcom G5!!! I more often read it instead of the Dexcom app. It is not a HACKER tool to get more battery life or sensor use, but a tool that will help you better use the Dexcom CGM data and help you control your diabetes better than before....
If you use the dexcom app and are debating trying Sugarmate, just look at all these 5 star reviews and do it! Sugarmate is seriously one of the best tools in our diabetes arsenal. It is feature rich, easy and intuitive to use, FREE, has responsive customer service... I could go on and on.
One particular feature that I find especially useful is that as a follower of a dexcom wearer, I can run my finger on the timeline and see the individual blood sugars. In comparison, the dexcom app only allows the original downloader do that and they can only do it when the phone (on iPhone at least) is held in portrait mode. Oh! And they are limited to 24 hours.
We are using the CGM to try and employ Sugar Surfing techniques rather than just passively noting the blood sugar. Sugarmate allows us to better respond to and manage my daughter’s bg. I am seriously so thankful for this app. Thank you!
- Sugarmate Inc.
- 144.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Sugarmate Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.