Users are experiencing a disruption to their Dexcom CGM data connection. We recommend waiting to download until it is restored. Updates posted on our social channels.
Sugarmate is a companion app for users of the Dexcom G4/G5/G6 continuous glucose monitoring system. It works great for both the CGM wearer or follower.
Why use Sugarmate with your CGM?
Peace of Mind
- Automatically text message family and friends (with GPS coordinates) when glucose levels get urgently low (Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life)
- Receive a phone call when glucose levels go below normal while you're sleeping (even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode)
- Steady Above Normal, Predictive High, and Predictive Low notifications with customizable alert sounds
- Over 30 customizable tiles, including a mini-graph and other stats such as time in range, GMI (& est. A1c), bedtime/wake averages, unicorn counts, % in range/low/high, total insulin, total carbs, and many more
- Daily stats
- Generate and email spreadsheet reports with graphs, stats and all readings, activity and notes
- Display readings continuously on your watch, or even in your car (using Sugarmate's calendar functionality)
- Real-time syncing across all of your devices, including the Sugarmate Mac and web apps
- Today Widget with real time stats and graphs for your lockscreen
- Siri Shortcuts: just say "what's my sugar", "add insulin", "lookup food" and more
- Built-in nutritional food lookup, with voice recognition, food imagery, and barcode scanning
- An infinitely scrolling history of all of your sugar levels and activity. Pinch to zoom, or rotate your phone to enlarge
- Apple Health: two-way syncing, plus automatically creates walk/jog/run events based on your steps
- Offline saving so you can still log while out of service
- Easy setup: follow the instructions to add Sugarmate as a Follower (using only one Follow slot for everyone)
- Themes: make the app more personal by picking your own color scheme
- Multi-user support: manage 2+ people's sugar levels on one phone or Apple Watch
The Sugarmate Platform is not intended to modify data received from the continuous glucose monitor system. Nor is it intended to instruct, or to transmit information to the continuous glucose monitor system.
The Sugarmate Platform is not intended to serve as a replacement for a primary display device for a continuous glucose monitoring system.
Dosing decisions should not be made based on this device. The user should follow instructions on the continuous glucose monitoring system. This device is not intended to replace self-monitoring practices as advised by a physician.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with Dexcom.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with the Nightscout Project.
- Fixes iOS 14 menu bug
- Fixes multi-user log out bug
- Additional fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t like to ask my independent type 1 diabetic kid if she’s given herself insulin. (She was diagnosed 13 years ago.) With this app, I don’t have to. I can see everything she has input into it. I see an ongoing graph, any activity she has programmed in on the graph (like insulin, activity, food). So now, if I ask, she either didn’t do it or didn’t log it and we can talk about what her numbers did because of that. We have also synced it with her Apple Watch, her phone, my husband’s and my phone, Alexa, and it’s a widget on our phones to see at a glance. She now has 3 apps on her phone. Dexcom G6, with Sugarmate following it, and Dexcom Clarity to send info to the dr. On our phones, we just have SugarMate. There are so many cool tiles to see trending. There are so many options available, I’d like to see if there is a way to walk step by step through the options to see if I’m using them to the best of my ability. (For that matter, I’ve created training manuals with a job before and I’d happily help create a tutorial for it.) The app is so good, the support is so good. The only thing I see missing is getting that info out to the public. People would be flocking to buy it if they realized how good it was!
I’d give it 10 stars if I could. Favorite T1D app⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
We have used Sugarmate for several years now for our child. We have several devices and apps that we use to manage his blood sugar. (Omnipod, Dexcom, Loop, NightScout, Dexcom clarity, Dexcom follow + many more we’ve tried) and I always end up referring back to sugarmate. I like the interface, I like the flexibility, I like the ease. We use it on our watches, in our cars on via Apple CarPlay. We use the alarms and the urgent low phone call is amazing. I think this app would also be extremely beneficial to someone who is using injections instead of pumping, because you can easily track injections, carbs, activity, anything at all. SO customizable. You can even search nutrition info. The responsive of the developer on several occasions (haven’t had app problems in quite a while) was terrific as well. He helped us troubleshoot in a very timely and personal manner. CANNOT give enough stars or say enough nice things to describe sugarmate. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so thrilled to be able to provide you with the information you need to monitor your child! We appreciate your sharing your experience. :)
Update to: Used to be amazing now it has glitches
Update: the developer got with me and with a few troubleshooting steps I completely overlooked the app is functioning as it should. It was a malfunction on my call screening services side. I’m back to getting low calls and am loving the app. I am so thankful not only for this app but for the developers that they read the reviews a d offer to help when users have issues. Can’t recommend enough!!!! The app over all is very good, but within the last two weeks it has started going straight to voicemail when calling to alert me of my lows. This entirely defeats the point of why I have this app. All other calls come through with no problems, no do not disturb or silent features are turned on. I’ve even added this number as a favorite and deleted and downloaded the app again. Hopefully they update the app and it gets fixed as I experience lows regularly and really need this feature to work.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, and sorry about the issue. Please send us a quick email at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help figure what's going on.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sugarmate, LLC
- 145.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
English, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Sugarmate LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.