Sugarmate is a companion app for users of the Dexcom G4/G5/G6 continuous glucose monitoring system. It works great for both the CGM wearer or follower.
• Easy setup
- just add Sugarmate as a Follower, or input your Nightscout url
- login on multiple devices (using one Follow slot total)
• Real-time syncing across all of your devices, including the Sugarmate Mac and web apps
• Additional notifications like Steady Above Normal, Predictive High and Predictive Low, with customizable alert sounds
• Emergency Contacts Alert: designate up to 5 people as emergency contacts and they will receive a text message with your last location when your sugar level is urgently low (Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life)
• Below Normal Call: receive a call to alarm you when your sugar is below normal and you are sleeping (even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode)
• Better Apple Watch integration: your watch face updates within a minute of a new reading, shows the time of your reading and the +/- from your previous reading. And works for Followers!
• Today Widget with real time stats and graphs for your lockscreen
• Built-in nutritional food lookup, with voice recognition, food imagery, and barcode scanning
• An infinitely scrolling history of all of your sugar levels (starting 24 hours before you start using the app). Pinch to zoom, or rotate your phone to enlarge
• Siri Shortcuts: just say "what's my sugar", "add insulin", "lookup food" and more
• Apple Health: two-way syncing, plus automatically creates walk/jog/run events based on your steps
• Export and email your readings and activity to an Excel spreadsheet
• Activity feed with photos and voice dictation
- Track your food, insulin, medication, exercise, manual readings and notes
- Offline saving so you can still log while out of service
• Over 20 customizable tiles, including a mini-graph and other stats such as average, estimated A1c, median, flux, % in range/low/high, total insulin total carbs, and more
• Themes: make the app more personal by picking your own color scheme
• Multi-user support: manage 2+ people's sugar levels on one phone.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with Dexcom.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with the Nightscout Project.
- Updated Tile Interface
- Tap a tile to flip it over and quickly update its time range
- Tap the "+" to see the new "Add Tiles" window, with categories and descriptions
- "Edit Mode" is removed- you can drag and re-arrange tiles or remove them anytime
- Improved Apple Health syncing
- More reliable syncing and grouping
- Can now import non-CGM glucose readings
- Fixed issue with duplicate entries being created
- Post-Exercise Reading: Exercise feed items now show the glucose reading at the end of the exercise duration
- Post-Bolus Reading: Insulin feed items now show the glucose reading at the end of the insulin's Duration of Insulin Action (which can now be configured in Settings)
- Tweaks to insulin entries
- Now displays dosing precision next to insulin name
- New insulins now default to 0.5 unit precision
- Better handles using the same type of insulin for bolus and basal
- Added an option to make blood sugar reading dots white (in Display Settings)
- Siri Italian support
- Graph Magnification improvements
- Zoom level is saved when the app is closed
- Max zoom level has been increased, and the graph can now show a full 24 hours when in landscape mode on newer iPhones
- Time In Range tile is more precise and shows hours in range (instead of days in range)
- Several bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t like to ask my independent type 1 diabetic kid if she’s given herself insulin. (She was diagnosed 13 years ago.) With this app, I don’t have to. I can see everything she has input into it. I see an ongoing graph, any activity she has programmed in on the graph (like insulin, activity, food). So now, if I ask, she either didn’t do it or didn’t log it and we can talk about what her numbers did because of that. We have also synced it with her Apple Watch, her phone, my husband’s and my phone, Alexa, and it’s a widget on our phones to see at a glance. She now has 3 apps on her phone. Dexcom G6, with Sugarmate following it, and Dexcom Clarity to send info to the dr. On our phones, we just have SugarMate. There are so many cool tiles to see trending. There are so many options available, I’d like to see if there is a way to walk step by step through the options to see if I’m using them to the best of my ability. (For that matter, I’ve created training manuals with a job before and I’d happily help create a tutorial for it.) The app is so good, the support is so good. The only thing I see missing is getting that info out to the public. People would be flocking to buy it if they realized how good it was!
Dexcom should learn from this app...
This is my first review of ANY tool or software for the iPhone. I am 1 month new to the Dexcom G5 and am sick of the Dexcom support team or lack there of (too many UNDESIRED FEATURES in Dexcom tools and phone only based tech support)! This free tool fills almost every hole left by Dexcom. The only bad comment I can make is it doesn’t use your old Health data so you have to use the tool so long term stats make sense. The free tool has easy to use food (carbs!) look-up that has really helped me level out my undulations....
Heck even the prediction prevented me from spiking low a couple times now (totally missed by Dexcom!)....
This tool is a must **companion tool** for anyone with a Dexcom G5!!! I more often read it instead of the Dexcom app. It is not a HACKER tool to get more battery life or sensor use, but a tool that will help you better use the Dexcom CGM data and help you control your diabetes better than before....
EDIT: I am editing my old review because not only did the app developer fix any frustrations I had, he made other improvements I didn't even realize I wanted! He was open to what I had to say and reached out to me to ask. This is the most used app on my phone and THE way we manage diabetes in my house. 5 Stars all the way.
Love this app. I use it for my 8 year old T1 and it has replaced our log book. It has every feature I was looking for in the Dexcom app. The only frustrating part of this app that I would love to see resolved is how you enter the carb number when entering food. The slider eliminates some of the numbers (like 15 which is our most used number.) It would be helpful to be able to just type in the number. Thank you for making a difficult and all consuming disease a little bit easier!
- Wild Village LLC
- 98.8 MB
Requires iOS 10 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Wild Village LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.