REMEMBER WHAT YOU READ
Summarize helps you better comprehend and remember the books you read by organizing all your notes, takeaways and comments in one location.
BACKED BY SCIENCE
By actively composing summaries and notes of your readings, you will strengthen your brain's associations and improve your ability to recall and synthesize that knowledge.
STUDY YOUR NOTES
Simply tap on a book to view your self-generated summaries and insights. Review and update them to keep your memory sharp.
• Beautiful, simple interface
• Remember key takeaways and main themes with ease
• Build your bookshelf by searching through millions of books, or add your own
• Scan a book's barcode to quickly add it to your bookshelf
• Favorite your top reads with a tap
• (Coming Soon) Notifications to remind you to review books you haven't looked at in a while
• (Coming Soon) Dark Mode
- [NEW] Dark Mode is fully supported for iOS 13! When the update is released in September, Summarize will look great from day one.
- [NEW] You can now search your bookshelf--users with large libraries can find specific books in a jiffy.
- [FIXED] When filtering, the current section will display a checkmark correctly instead of all being blank.
- [FIXED] When filtering, you can now tap anywhere on the screen to dismiss the modal.
*New in Version 1.2*
- [NEW] Compatible with iPad! Summarize is now a universal app, so you can download it on all your iOS and iPadOS devices. (iCloud syncing will be available soon)
- [IMPROVED] Books are now sorted alphabetically by default so you bibliophiles with large libraries can find your books more efficiently!
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, nice UI
Originally rated 2 stars because the search function didn’t work, but the developer fixed that. I’m excited to use the app now, its UI is very elegant and smooth, and it has some very convenient features!
Developer Response ,
So sorry this wasn’t working before—I received a lot more traffic than anticipated at launch and so my quota was achieved earlier than expected. This should be fixed in the new update I just released!
“Google Books API Quota Reached”
I love the honesty about what’s going on 😂
Really nice UI, I love the concept. Is there a way to make book summaries exportable in some sort of nice format to share with friends or keep in a more secure place?
Also, it would be sick later on to try to crowdsource learnings with this (maybe a word cloud or something basic to start for popular books). I would definitely check that out.
Thanks for the cool tool!
Easy to use, clean interface, exactly what I’ve been looking for.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.