For over 12 years we have been supplying Sunrise and Sunset calendars on our web site. We were awarded the Sky Award by the Griffith Observatory. We now have this app designed for the iPhone and iPad. All the features of the web site have been included plus more:
• Daily times and other info is on the home screen
• Sunrise, sunset, day length and solar noon times
• Sunrise azimuth and sunset azimuth
• Moonrise, moonset and moon phase times
• Moon percent illuminated info
• Easily create multiple month calendars
• Print directly to your AirPrint printer
• Email yourself the calendars, which are attached as PDFs. Print the PDFs from your laptop or desktop computer.
• CSV data can be attached to the email
• Copy an image of the current calendar into the clipboard
• Various formatting options for times, latitude, longitude and larger font size selection
• Choose the day of week you want the calendar to start on
• Track Sun option will show local time on home screen and follow the sun across the screen during the day
• Thousands of predefined locations, U.S., Canada and around the world
• Favorites screen saves locations for quick selection
• Ability to make a predefined location a favorite or add your own location as a favorite
• Red Pin feature on the map makes it easy to measure distances between any two points
• Updates for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
Have used this for years to figure out when to get started especially in the Summer when we have to get out there before the heat.
This app is solid. It is clear and gives super accurate times with the extra detail free websites do not provide. This was worth the money.
I have been using this app for years and it is fantastic to keep track of when the sun goes down. Thanks Sun Calendar!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.