The Sun Metro app is the City of El Paso’s official transit app that provides quick and easy access to real time bus schedule information. Use the app to plan a trip within the city using local transit or find nearby bus stops using your GPS location.
- Area trip planning using current location, landmarks, stop numbers, favourite stops or address search
- Customizable trip plan preferences including departure or arrival time, future date trip plan, shortest walking distance, fewest transfers and fastest route
- Obtain fare information for your trip based on passenger type (Regular, Student/Military, Senior/Disabled, Child 5 & Under, Downton Circulator, Transfer)
- Choose your route and up to three stops to get bus schedule time including real time results
- Map-based route traces
- Future dated schedules available
- Find next departure scheduled times using your stop number, address or landmark
- Search for nearby stops using GPS location
- View nearby stops using map or list view
- Save recent stops searched
- Get notified in your trip plan, route schedule and next departures of alerts that will affect your ride
- Stay up-to-date with detours and events specific to your route or trip plan
- This option allows a Sun Metro LIFT-registered user to view, cancel and book new trips online using a secure User ID and Password. This option also provides the user with the real-time estimated time of arrival of any pending trips.
- Help – Provides help information on how to use the application
-Contact Info – Provides address, web site and phone contact information to Sun Metro Mass Transit
-Feedback – Web email form for reporting app related comments or suggestions to Sun Metro Mass Transit
-Tell a Friend – launches email to share Sun Metro app information
- Save your favourite locations for quick access to Trip Planning and Next Departures
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to work, not sure what happened
I’m disabled (don’t physically look it) but I have to take the bus of it so the bus it always my go to! But anyways, this app has been on my phone for the longest! When I needed the exact time I needed to be at the bus stop so I can be at school on time, I’d check the app but for the past few months you’re not able to check. You can’t even check the schedules. You have to go on the sun metro website and download the schedules which can be a hassle. The app needs an update please.
I believe Sun Metro is on the right track. The app provides great information when out of the office. It allows me to schedule my trips and transfers. Also includes the streetcar schedules and view this on a map. From nothing to this - awesome work. I'm sure you have something else in the works. Let's just be patient. Look at the bright side - you didn't have this option before. Now that people have something they have to comment. Keep up the great work.
I don’t know what glitches other are reporting about. This app is far superior to the website and DOES include a realtime street map to check your progress.
I wish the antiquated and unused rail car was never built and funds diverted to the BRIO system that is years behind schedule.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.