If you’re a real estate photographer, cinematographer or just want to plan a camping day, Sun Seeker is the app for you. Tracking the sun has never been easier!
Sunseeker is a comprehensive solar tracking & compass app. It shows the sun’s hourly direction intervals, its equinox, winter & summer solstice paths, sunrise sunset times, twilight times, sun shadow, the golden hour & more. The app allows you to add sun-event notifications & has a widget showing the day’s solar data & position on an arc. The surveyor view shows the solar direction for each sunlight hour. Sunseeker has both a flat compass view & a 3D Augmented Reality (AR) view to show the solar position & path.
The app is useful for -
▶ Photographers- to plan according to the golden hour or blue hour & optimal sunlight conditions, sunrise & sunset times & directions.
▶ Cinematographers- this sun tracker & sun surveyor enables you to find the sun exposure, directions, sun shadow & sunrise sunset times for any location.
▶ Real Estate Buyers- can use the app before buying a property to check the sun path & to find the sun exposure of properties.
▶ Drivers - Sunseeker lets you track the sun path & movement during the days & helps drivers know the sun position to find how long the car will remain in the shade at any given parking spot.
▶ Campers & Picnickers- for anyone planning a day out, Sunseeker app will help in finding where to camp, sit or pitch an umbrella depending on the sunlight & sun direction.
▶ Gardeners- Sun Seeker can also help with finding optimal planting locations & seasonal sunlight hours as a sun rise calendar
▶ Architects & Surveyors- for visualising the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year & using the compass app as a sun surveyor & calendar to determine the sunlight directions.
* Sunseeker is a sun locator which uses GPS, magnetometer & gyroscope to find the correct solar position & sun path for your current location.
* Flat compass view shows current solar position, diurnal solar angle & elevation (separated into day & night segments), sun shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness.
* 3D augmented reality (AR) camera overlay view shows the sun's current position, its path with hour points marked. Check golden hour using this feature!
* Camera view has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun & help you with sun direction.
* Map view shows solar direction arrows, sun path & elevations for each hour of the day.
* Choose any date to view sun position & path on that day. You can view sunset & sunrise times for each day as well.
* Choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations available offline, as well as a comprehensive online map search capability)
* Get additional details including sun rise, sunset & culmination times, maximum elevation, civil, nautical & astronomical twilight times of the sun.
* Optional device notifications for all manner of sun-related periods & events, such as golden hour or blue hour, various twilight & shadow periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* This sun rise calendar app allows the user to include equinox, summer & winter solstice paths on both flat compass view & camera view.
Sun Seeker app has been featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites & publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. "Truly amazing", "Incredible", "Brilliant" - the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality - ever!
Check out our YouTube video here: https://bit.ly/2Rf0CkO
Simply search YouTube for "Sun Seeker app" to find many videos, websites & blogs created by our enthusiastic users
* See https://bit.ly/2FIPJq2 - also easily accessible from the app's info screen
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired. The device’s compass accuracy can be optimised by calibrating it prior to use. See app’s FAQs for more help.
* Further minor refinements relating to apparent (refracted) versus true altitude of the sun
Ratings and Reviews
Photographer’s/Real Estate must have
You would not think this powerful tool inside your pocket/cell phone could be so useful, but it truly is. As a professional photographer/videographer, I use it all the time to find The lighting I want for my shop. Especially on low budget shoots where they do not want to pay for my time to scout the location in advance, I can still know when to show up for the best lighting.
As a REALTOR®,Many of my clients are seeking homes that face a particular direction. Sun Seeker absolutely helps with that. From inside a location I can tell clients where to look for the sun from any point in the house at any time of the year. Want to know if your rear deck will be too hot to eat at the height of summer?, I can tell you that. Want to know the best place to plant your garden? No problem. Want to know if a building is going to block the sun from you next December when the sun is lower on the horizon? No problem. Sunseeker is my go to application for this and so much more. I highly recommend it.
Much improved app
I originally rated this app one star because it bombarded me with pop ups to rate it. So I did, one star. Because it was unusable. Thankfully an update fixed the developers over zealous need for ratings and the app is useful again.
I recently used the app in Thailand where I’m searching for a piece of land with a view of the sunset over the mountains. It was indispensable as the realtor always told me the land met my requirements. Often times it did not and I showed them the proof. Even better, this app gives you sunset and sunrise paths for not only the current day but for other days and months throughout the year. This allowed me to see where the sunset would be for the time period I will be here, most of the winter.
Excellent app well worth the cost.
Developer Response ,
The app implements Apple's rating request system which should be limiting review requests to a maximum of 3 per year. Clearly there is something going wrong in your case so I will investigate further and find a way to eliminate this issue.
Killer App for Kanarraville - Annular Solar Eclipse
I it is still working great for this November 2019 Transit of Mercury!recently purchased and installed this app on a 3Gs running the updated iOs without mishap. Last weekend, our group of five went to Utah for the annular solar eclipse on 20 May 2012. In Kanarraville, Utah, this app enabled me to accurately predict where the Sun would set. I accomplished this feat without practice and with an unfamiliar horizon. Bravo!
This app is still going strong for me. Sun Seeker is a valuable tool for astrophotographers. I use this app often and it is unsurpassed for plotting and framing solar eclipse photographs.
SS is getting better as time passes. This augmented reality (AR) app is always great but it a key part of my eclipse observing toolkit. I used it again last summer in Oregon for the total solar eclipse. SS still works fine with my new iPhone 8+ and never seems to crash. The map feature is neat and well executed. Seeing how time affects the azimuth range of the Sun is useful and fascinating. 6*!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ajnaware Pty Ltd
- 24.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Ajnaware Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.