Surge is a web development and proxy utility. It is designed for developers and therefore requires professional knowledge to use.
These four capabilities form the core workflow of Surge:
· Takeover: You can take over the network connection sent by the device. Surge supports both proxy service and virtual NIC takeover.
· Forwarding: You can forward the taken over network requests to other proxy servers. This can be global forwarding or with a flexible rule system to determine an outbound policy.
· Intercept: You can intercept and save specific data of network requests and responses, and you can also decrypt HTTPS traffic with MITM.
· Takeover all HTTP/HTTPS/TCP traffic from any applications on your device, and redirect to an HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS5/SOCKS5-TLS/SSH proxy server following highly configurable rules.
· Used as a WireGuard Client to convert the L3 VPN as a proxy.
· Record and display HTTP requests and responses sent from your iOS devices, including body and header.
· Configure rules using domain match, domain suffix, domain keyword, CIDR IP range, and GeoIP lookup.
· Measure traffic usage and network speed on WiFi, cellular, and proxy connections.
· High performance and suitable for intensive use.
· Block ads by domain rules.
· Local DNS Map (equivalent to /etc/hosts). You can use this function to switch the production/development environment for your app without changing any code.
· All features work on the cellular network.
· Decrypt HTTPS traffic with Man-in-the-Middle.
· Perform URL rewrite.
· Fully IPv6 supports.
· Header rewrite.
· Raw L3 packets capture.
· Safari extension to add rules.
· JSON, text, image and video viewer for the captured body.
· Album mode for the request list.
· Pre-filter for capturing.
· HTTPS proxy protocol supports client-side SSL/TLS certificate validation.
· Sync profiles cross devices with iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
· DNS-over-HTTPS, DNS-over-HTTP3, DNS-over-QUIC, TLS 1.3 and more advanced features.
You may read the online manual for more information: http://manual.nssurge.com/
Terms and Conditions: https://nssurge.com/legal/terms
New Subscription Feature: Temporary Rules
We have added the temporary rules feature in Surge Mac to the iOS version. Temporary rules will automatically disappear after Surge is stopped and will not be written to the profile for some temporary usage scenarios.
New subscription feature: Whois lookup
Quickly perform a Whois lookup to identify the domain or IP owner in the request details menu.
New feature: Proxy Detail View
Traffic statistics have been enhanced:
- In addition to traffic statistics, the number of requests will now be recorded as well.
- In addition to this month's data, last month's data will also be kept.
Bug fixes and minor improvements:
- JSON and text viewers support search on iOS 16
- Network switching no longer interrupts in-progress $httpClient requests.
- Fixed an issue where scripted requests would sometimes accidentally carry the x-surge header handled internally by Surge
- Fixed an issue that some requests constructed in a special way could not be matched by MITM hostnames.
- Fixed an issue that the LAN proxy and Dashboard may not be accessible if the fast-switch is configured.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when using the expanded card layout on iPad
- Fixed an issue that the Panel button is not showing on iOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
10 STARS! This app LITERALLY saved my privacy from being compromised!!
Truly amazing and powerful for anyone with the understanding required to use it. It’s feature set is unparalleled as far as I’m aware of.
My only gripe is that there need to be useful examples in the documentation! There are none. Show me the awesome things I can do with Surge because it’s a steep learning curve and examples would get me there quicker!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your love and we will improve on it.
Hello Dear Dev. please consider adding OpenVPN Protocol. It’s useful when user wants to wrap OpenVPN traffic through SSH, HTTP, etc. Specially in countries with heavy crackdown on internet like iran. please add Vless Protocol. And for last please add monthly payment option. u can help peaple all over the world. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Surge Networks Inc.
- 63 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Surge Networks Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Surge Pro $49.99
- Feature Subscription $14.99