Switcher Studio lets you capture and stream video from multiple iPhones and iPads — and edit it in real time — helping you connect with your community in the most engaging way yet.
Whether you’re syncing multiple iOS devices or just using one, your Switcher account lets you polish live videos to create something amazing. It’s perfect for streaming talk shows and podcasts, meetings and company announcements, demos, education and training sessions, marketing and creative content, live events, sports, and more. And the intuitive interface ensures everyone can create stunning videos.
- Multicamera streaming: Wirelessly connect up to 9 iPhones or iPads to switch camera angles with a single tap.
- Social video integrations: Stream live directly to Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Microsoft Stream, and beyond.
- Live-editing: Switch camera angles, add graphics, b-roll, text, titles, effects, and more in real time.
- Image insertion: Tap to display images, logos, or graphics in your videos.
- Prerecorded video: Roll in prerecorded videos for openers, b-roll, interviews, or special segments.
- Customizable text: Easily add and edit text, titles, CTAs, and lower thirds.
- Video Chat: Bring in a guest caller, co-host, or on-site correspondent from anywhere.
- Switcher Cloud: Store your video assets in the Switcher Cloud for access on any device.
- Camera control: Adjust each camera’s exposure, white balance, focus, and zoom in one place.
Why Switcher Studio?
- No expensive gear: Switcher works entirely with iPhone and iPad cameras.
- Zero turnaround time: Live-editing ensures that when you’re done shooting, you’re done editing.
More features to love in Switcher:
- Stream and record: Record 1080p or 4K video from multiple cameras and export the auto-synced files for Final Cut Pro.
- Facebook comments: Tap Facebook comments in the Switcher app to display them in your stream.
- Multiview layouts: Show multiple camera angles or sources at once with side-by-side, split-screen, and picture-in-picture layouts.
- Scoreboard extension: Keep score during sports streams with customizable Scoreboard templates.
- RTMP streaming: Use RTMP data to stream to Twitter, Vimeo, Twitch, Ustream, and nearly anywhere else.
- Screensharing: Show presentations, websites, games, and apps in your livestream or video by sharing your computer or device screen though our Switcher Cast app (available for Mac, PC, and iOS).
- Audio control: Connect your audio mixer to ensure perfect sound for viewers.
- HDMI output: Send live video to a projector or external display with HDMI or AirPlay.
Got questions? Email us at email@example.com
Compatible devices: http://switcherstudio.com/compatible-devices
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a single purchase price with minimum monthly.
Well I really love this app, but paying $30 a month for a limited user like myself is hard to stomach. I actually think I only used it live a couple of times in the year I was subscribed. While this is obviously not a problem of switcher studios, It just makes it hard to justify it. I wish there was a single purchase price and maybe a minor monthly fee. The system itself is well thought out with not too many confusing bells and whistle‘s to get in the way. I’ve used it with an apple router that I take along with me and had great luck. I also use six of the DJI Osmo units and the control is very simple. I rarely broadcast live so I can’t speak to the ability to live stream so much, but as a way to capture Multi camera video for editing later in FCPX it’s fantastic.
Sound isn’t working right in IPADS after Ipad OS 13 update
I have used switcher since it was Reco LIVE 9 years ago or more.. I love the app like I love my momma.. I love my momma a lot.
Anyway.. I updated to the latest update and the sound cuts out when I am using Twitch, and on Periscope as well.. This is a problem. Also, The sound bar green light indicates the sound is working and I can hear it too.. Only the viewers hear nothing.. Remember, they hear it at first for maybe the 1st 30 seconds.. sometimes up to 5 mins.. but then it cuts out. Not sure why this happens.. I can see and hear the sound the whole while. When I play it back, the video doesn’t have the sound either where it cut out. Please fix this.. Also, it appears this is not happening in the IPHONE version of the app.. So far anyway.. I am using the latest update IOS 13.1.3 and a few days ago was using the latest before that. Using the Iphone 11 pro as well..
Love this App ... but ...
It’s hard to justify the subscription. I’ve had to do some tweaking for stable set ups but there are so many issues to deal with on the back end it becomes hard for the target user demographic to afford. I had to buy a few items to make sure I have hardwire connection stability. For most that defeats the convenience. Not complaining so much as being realistic about the limitations. I use a Sling system for major productions and wanted this in my run and gun webcasting kit. Have also recommended to some other vendors on the community only to have a majority come back with the same concerns. Just a suggestion ... why not offer a tiered system? Maybe limit the multi cast points to 2 for a lower price. Technically it’s great for the casual user as well as semi professional. I’ll use it occasionally but can’t handle that monthly when I may only utilize it 3 to 5 times a year. I’d gladly give five stars once they give some more realistic user base consideration on pricing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.