The perfect tool for students, teachers and engineers, built on an extremely powerful algebra engine, SymCalc solves any math problems from basic arithmetics to university-level advanced math. It offers all the advantages of an advanced graphing/scientific calculator mixed with the convenience of a modern mobile app.
- Exact arithmetic. 5/15 is 1/3 and not 0.333 (unless you select rounded numerical mode)
- Store unlimited number of variables, create custom functions
- Algebra: operations on polynomials, such as expansion and factorization, collecting terms, division with remainder, etc.
- Calculus: derivatives, integrals, limits, taylor expansion, etc.
- Linear algebra: matrix operations, determinant, rank, reduced echelon form, characteristic polynomial, etc.
- Solvers: single equations or systems, symbolically or numerically, differential equations
- Complex arithmetics
- Session management: export, import sessions or create PDF files
- All built-in functions come with descriptions and examples
- Fully offline
This free version of SymCalc provides basic symbolic arithmetic features for free. A paid subscription unlocks the more advanced tools and online sharing capabilities.
- Length of subscription is 1 year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- fix for crash when changing plot settings on recent iOS versions
- fix for iOS keypad covering bottom of the input field
- fix for problems with online sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Best calculator - need optimization for iPhone X
Love this calculator. The best Calculator on the App Store hands down. One small thing is it needs to be optimized for the iPhone X. When you swipe up to close the app, the keyboard registered a “,” or a “.” So when you open the app up again it’s there in the formula bar. other than that the app is perfect.
Like it, but UI fixes needed.
I have been using this for about a day now and I love it except for some UI issues. So I will be using my other favorite : Pcalc Lite half the time at least.
1. Swipe up to switch between apps causes numbers to be entered. I am always switching back and forth between my data feeds and the calculator and every time I return, I need to delete unwanted characters from the swipe up gesture. Really annoying to do this hundreds of times a day. Pcalc does not have this problem, so please do what ever they are doing to fix this annoyance.
2. You need slightly different color shades around the numbers and another different shade of gray around common operators to guide fast number entry. The two color UI is kinda pure but not worth the slowdown caused for entering numbers. People like me are switching back and forth between multiple engineering apps each with its own key layout, multiple times per minute. So a bit of guidance through color is useful. Again, look at Pcalc for a tasteful example.
Also, it would be nice to get rid of the bright background on the answers and just use white text on black - just a personal preference. Thanks for this awesome app!
Trying This Again
I used the prior version of this app until I updated my devices which killed that version.
As a retired IT professional I have mixed feelings about this situation. I am a bit surprised that the prior app could not be altered to run under iOS 11 but as my programming has been for *nix & Windows I cannot make an informed judgement there. I also understand that the app developers have to receive a reasonable return on their time.
I am giving this a 4 star review with very little exposure to the app & hope this version will perform as well as the prior one did. After more time with the app I will update this review & expect this text to be replaced by a 5 star review.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Voxeloid Kft.
- 29.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Voxeloid Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features $1.99